PDA

View Full Version : Exciting new year.

t_vandemark
01-20-2017, 10:13 AM
I figured i would post a quick shot of my new shop that we have been building the last few months. It is 42'x62' the one side has 16' high ceilings and the other has 10'. Above the lower side i have built a 1000sqft hangout space that will house a craft room, full bath, bar, and a projector screen for the games. It seems to be taking forever to complete as i only work on it during my days off, but it is slowly coming together. I have also attached a pic of the last sign i made. But now i need to make a new one as we have added a baby boy to the mix. Now if i could just figure out what is causing all of these kids.
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=29573&stc=1

myxpykalix
01-20-2017, 11:18 AM
issue re:kids. The problem is you are spending too much time ON the wrong project....but good luck to you anyway....lol

Tim Lucas
01-20-2017, 06:34 PM
Nice soon to be shop !! I am building one also and agree with it takes a long time !!

dmidkiff
01-21-2017, 06:55 AM
Looks good. Congrats on shop and new baby.

genek
01-21-2017, 05:02 PM
Doing Most of the work on Our new shop, with a warehouse area, class room, and a store. I know how slow it goes doing it on your off days. We are in our new shop and building inventory and getting ready for this years season. I still like dry walling the store and the class room. Tina and I have done 90% of the work and 80% out of pocket to save on expenses. The best part of doing it this way We know how it is built, and have had total control over how it was built. all of the inspectors have told us that we did everything beyond what the codes required. When it is totally finished we will have a 170,000.00 dollar shop for around 57,000.00

guitarwes
01-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Awesome all around.

I'm in the middle of a shop expansion myself. Mine is an existing 24X48 pole barn structure that's half enclosed now. I'm adding 24' to it making it 24'X72' and enclosing all of it and also adding a 30'X36' lean to on the backside of it. Hopefully one day soon it will house my business.