PDA

View Full Version : Stop Button is On or Not Properly Connected

trenton
11-11-2004, 05:39 PM
Just getting started with the new PTR Alpha and keep getting this message:

The Remote Stop Button connected to input #4 appears to be On and needs to be checked or its possible that you have a normally open stop button and need to use the [VN] Command to correctly configure it.

I have the nomally closed stop button and use the red & white wire connected to the control board at E-Stop ES3 red & ES4 white.

I've also tried connecting the red wire to input #4 and white wire to ground getting the same message.

I've checked the connection, changed VN and everything seems to be right, but still get the same message.

Any suggestions? Thanks

beacon14
11-11-2004, 06:01 PM
When you power up the control box you have to press the RESET button on the control box to reset the stop switch, or else you will get the message you quote. You can still press the RESET button after the message appears, then click "OK" to clear the message.

richards
11-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Make sure that the Remote Stop Button is in the "released" position. It locks "on" when pressed and then must be turned (1/4-turn?) to release.

yendor
11-11-2004, 06:38 PM
I've only been using my Alpha a few weeks and that message drove me nuts the first few days. The way I avoid this every morning now is:
- Turn on the control box and immediately press RESET
- Turn on the computer
- Then start up ShopBot software.

Hope this helps

trenton
11-11-2004, 06:44 PM
Thank You for your quik responce,

Unfortunately after pressing the reset but I still get the input 4 showing the solid red light and unable to move on.

Anymore suggestions?

paco
11-11-2004, 07:03 PM
I too v'been having some issues with this Panic switch; seem like the software sometime forgot about it's settings... I plan to report this to support though I just can't duplicate it (for me it's intermitent) and can get around (bypass) it... I just did set it to the other VN setting back and forth and it ignoring!?!?! Now Trenton, can you use your tool anyway? I know it can be annoying but if can work (can you activate the drivers/motors relay(s)? do you ear a clicking sound at turning on your control box?), then you just need to address your issue to support right now and they'll get you back about it VERY soon...
By the way, I just check my connection at the board and it goes like this at "E-stop"'s four pins from left to right; green, black, red and white...
Hope this help.

paco
11-11-2004, 07:06 PM
If your stuck, keep getting back to this thread... we wont let you down! Don't forget to e-mail support if you can't get around it. Have you tryed just to not connecting it (for some days) until it's fixed?!

trenton
11-11-2004, 07:33 PM
!!!! It Worked !!!!

The Help section from the Shop Bot 3 program had suggested to use only the ES3 red & ES4 white and not use the green & black wires. This did not work.

I reconnected at the board "E-stop"'s four pins from left to right; green, black, red and white(the green and black wires were sent setup backward from the factory, so I had to switch them in the blue connector) then pressed the reset button on the box. Bingo !!! It's alive.

Thanks to all the suggestions so quickly.

Now to figure out how to design siloutee cut outs.

paco
11-11-2004, 08:02 PM
GREAT!!! Now, don't forget to go to bed when you'll see 2 o'clock AM!!!

ted
11-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Hi Trenton,

If you haven't called in yet, please do and we'll get this straightened out.

Unfortunately, we do not seem to have gotten that wiring description right in the manual. As I think is indicated in a post above, on the PRTalpha two normally-closed switches are used -- so both pairs of wires must be connected (to the ES3 and ES4 inputs; as they should have come pre-wired to the connector). The pairs are Red/White and Black/Green. Sorry for the confusion.

In addition, the software should actually not let you reset the switch type, since it knows you have a "normally closed" PRTalpha E-stop. (The option actually only exists for older PRT tools.)

paco
11-12-2004, 02:15 PM
You right Ted; the software actually reset the setting to normally closed each time.

bob_lofthouse
09-12-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm just wiring up a used shopbot and the e-stop has been disconected(no connector). I've had a look at my other machines and the wire colours (colors) are different.

I have on the used machine orange, blue, brown and green. If anyone else has the same wiring can they post the sequence from left to right on the board.

Any help appreciated