PDA

View Full Version : Inline Vacuum filter

JMCS
02-13-2017, 07:09 PM
Anyone know a good supplier for one? I want to put one on my vacuum table.

JMCS
02-14-2017, 12:15 PM
Like this?29704

knight_toolworks
02-14-2017, 12:26 PM
the only complaint about those is the cost. they are way overpriced for such a simple thing. if you want to save 300 make one out of a shopvac hepa filter and a wooden box.

jerry_stanek
02-14-2017, 02:02 PM
I don't use any filter as my spoil board filters all the dust. I have been running my vacs for 8 years and they still look like new inside. I do reverse the air flow every so often to clean out the spoil board

knight_toolworks
02-14-2017, 03:14 PM
I don't use any filter as my spoil board filters all the dust. I have been running my vacs for 8 years and they still look like new inside. I do reverse the air flow every so often to clean out the spoil board

yes but if your using a blower you need one for sure.

Ajcoholic
02-14-2017, 08:53 PM
yes but if your using a blower you need one for sure.

I don't have a filter and I run a blower.

I'm not sure how anything could get into the plenum and into the vacuum tubing? The mdf spoilboard won't pass anything through but air.

I've often considered a vacuum filter but unless I'm missing something... how would anything get to the pump?

Keith Larrett
02-15-2017, 07:23 AM
I have a blower with an inline filter. I inspect the filter regularly and have seen debris in the can pretty often. On one occasion there was a lot of debris. In that case I think it got there due to a miscut which cut to deep into the spoil board. However, if you are in the habit of screwing parts down into the spoil board I think you increase the chance of debris being pulled through those holes. For the amount I paid for the blower the cost of an inline filter to protect it, even if it seems overkill, makes sense.

knight_toolworks
02-15-2017, 03:09 PM
when I remove my spoilboard stuff gets in the pipes.

jerry_stanek
02-15-2017, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=knight_toolworks;195078]when I remove my spoilboard stuff gets in the pipes.[/QUOTE

When do you remove your spoil board? Do you remove it often? If not you can blow out the pipes

gundog
02-15-2017, 05:25 PM
I use no filters either I run lighthouse motors I have always thought the spoil board was the filter. No problems in 8 years of use.

Tim Lucas
02-15-2017, 06:19 PM
I use a filter, have had to clean it out several times

But hey vac motors are cheep so no big deal -

all it would take is one time cutting through the spoil board :(