PDA

View Full Version : Z-Zero routine

Tom Bachman
03-01-2017, 11:17 PM
OK guys, I've played with zeroing the machine manually long enough. I have the Zeroing plate and clip, but I can't figure out what's wrong. I think I have it hooked up correctly to the input lug, but when I run the Z-zeroing routine I get an error. I haven't written the error down exactly but it says something can't be "cleared". The machine makes no attempt to move the z axis, even though the routine shows that it starts playing out. Just almost immediately gives the error message.

Any ideas? I'd really like to get the Z-zeroing function to work...it would make my job easier.

Gary Campbell
03-02-2017, 07:54 AM
Post a pic of the error

Double check to see that you don't have the wiring reversed, which would have input 1 triggered before the routine starts

Tom Bachman
03-02-2017, 08:25 AM
Any Idea how how it SHOULD be wired? ......I'm only guessing. As the Z-zero plate didn't work when I bought it and the guy said he was never able to get it to work.

Thanks for the help. BTW this is a V2.06 board.

ADAPT_Shop-Brady
03-02-2017, 09:47 AM
Any Idea how how it SHOULD be wired? ......I'm only guessing. As the Z-zero plate didn't work when I bought it and the guy said he was never able to get it to work.

Thanks for the help. BTW this is a V2.06 board.

I think this PDF matches your machine, if so, have a look at page 8.
http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotDocs/files/AssemblyBinder060828.pdf

Tom Bachman
03-02-2017, 09:35 PM
Here is the photo of the error. It says Z Contact did not clear for some reason Exiting.

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=29782&stc=1

srwtlc
03-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Along with proper connections for the plate, insuring that it is not grounded out right off the bat, is your input switch #1 set to 'standard switch' under VN?

Tom Bachman
03-02-2017, 10:33 PM
I'll have to check that tomorrow.

Red F
03-03-2017, 08:20 AM
For some reason my BT32 started giving me errors like that and ran erratically. I figured out that the tool configuration had changed for some reason. It was trying to run a 48x96 alpha or something.

guitarwes
03-03-2017, 08:49 AM
When you clamp the clip on the bit does the green input 1 light come on? If so the wires are reversed. I had this same problem with mine as I bought it from a guy who wired it himself, he could never get the Z-Zero to work either because he wired it backwards. I switched the wires in the Wago and it's been correct since. I could've just switched them in the control box but that would have been too easy. ;)

Tom Bachman
03-03-2017, 01:59 PM
Here is a picture of the input/output blocks on the board. The Z-zero plate is attached to the Green on ground, Black on the lug right next to the ground #1 (i believe). That is the way I read that on the link from below. I've seen that before, and even printed it off when I put it back together.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/toms94/shopbot%20input%20output_zps03ogj1cb.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/toms94/media/shopbot%20input%20output_zps03ogj1cb.jpg.html)

I couldn't remember what the setting was supposed to be, I'll check that later.

Thanks for the help.

jerry_stanek
03-03-2017, 06:25 PM
in your setup do you have the I have a z axis zeroing plate checked. When you touch the plate to the bit does the #1 input light light up

Tom Bachman
03-03-2017, 11:33 PM
When you clamp the clip on the bit does the green input 1 light come on? If so the wires are reversed. I had this same problem with mine as I bought it from a guy who wired it himself, he could never get the Z-Zero to work either because he wired it backwards. I switched the wires in the Wago and it's been correct since. I could've just switched them in the control box but that would have been too easy. ;)

The #1 light is green all the time. Whether it is hooked to the Z-zero clip or not. I swapped the leads and it didn't make any difference. I'm guessing, the light on all the time might have something to do with the problem.

in your setup do you have the I have a z axis zeroing plate checked. When you touch the plate to the bit does the #1 input light light up

No. When I touch the plate and clip #4 flashes red

For some reason my BT32 started giving me errors like that and ran erratically. I figured out that the tool configuration had changed for some reason. It was trying to run a 48x96 alpha or something.

I checked the settings and, mine too, was set for a PRTalpha I went through the settings, getting them right and checking the settings for Z-zeroing. All to no avail.

Along with proper connections for the plate, insuring that it is not grounded out right off the bat, is your input switch #1 set to 'standard switch' under VN?

It was NOT set for Standard Switch, When I found this, I thought I had it. But even after setting it for Std switch it didn't help.

I'm still hoping that someone will be able to help me figure this out. Hopefully, something I've posted here will turn on a light for some of you more veteran botters. Thanks again, guys.

jerry_stanek
03-04-2017, 06:33 AM
If when you touch it the #1 should light and you say #4 lights that tells me you have the E stop and zero plate mixed up try switching the #1 and # 4 wires

Tom Bachman
03-04-2017, 09:05 AM
OK, I'll try that later today. Thanks.