PDA

View Full Version : Any way to hide the A axis but still show B axis?

CStevens
03-26-2017, 04:56 PM
I have a second Z that I am using for a Jtech Laser module and its setup on B Axis. Couldn't Make it work on the A axis for whatever reason.
Anyway, Just wanting a way to only have 4 axis showing instead of the 5th which I don't use.

Gary Campbell
03-26-2017, 07:47 PM
As your question is asked, answer is no.

If the question is "Can I show only 4 axes and have the 4th be the rotary", then yes. Caveat is that you have to rewrite all post P's and other files replacing "B" with "A"

Don't ask how I know. "My Friend" got ALMOST all the files modified on the first time thru.

CStevens
03-26-2017, 08:25 PM
"Almost all" thats almost good enough.

Luckily this is a new add-on. Have not finished the post yet. As I have yet to find a great diagram of the PRK box that shows in detail what H5 and H6 connectors are for I am stuck basically using the instructions for adding a rotary

Lets try it worded this way:

Is there a diagram of the H5 and H6 driver connectors that would should how to connect a second Z (not a Rotary), just a Z2 (duplicate of Z). I don't really care if the Axis says "A" or "B" other than I'd rather show only the Axis that I am using. Tried hooking it up according to shopbot documentation for adding a Rotary. I did change the units though to match existing Z. Only way I can get it to be controllable is to hook it up as the B axis...... Which bugs me as I have the A axis sitting there in the menu doing nothing

Gary Campbell
03-26-2017, 09:56 PM
Look at the jumper connections on H5 and H6. You need to have the jumpers for step and direction to driver channel 5. I assume you have 6 jumpered now. You should be able to leave all your current connections as they are, move your jumpers to channel 5 and then define 4 axes in the VD settings