PDA

View Full Version : butcher block counter top with undermount sink

myxpykalix
04-27-2017, 05:54 PM
My tennants wanted a new sink and they paid for it so i cut the opening for the sink and put in the butcher block countertops and it fit perfectly! Backsplash is not installed yet.

knight_toolworks
04-27-2017, 07:13 PM
I have cut enough of those. I hate the stress of doing it 20 minutes of making sure it is right 5 minutes of stress. I now charge 120.00 for a sink cutout.

scottp55
04-27-2017, 07:32 PM
NICE Jack! :)

myxpykalix
04-27-2017, 08:44 PM
I have cut enough of those. I hate the stress of doing it 20 minutes of making sure it is right 5 minutes of stress. I now charge 120.00 for a sink cutout.

Oh man "20 minutes of making sure it is right" ​...It was longer then that for me because they brought me the material and i only had about 1/2" clearance back to front and i thought i was going to have to cut the window ledge back but i got it right.

knight_toolworks
04-27-2017, 11:10 PM
Oh man "20 minutes of making sure it is right" ​...It was longer then that for me because they brought me the material and i only had about 1/2" clearance back to front and i thought i was going to have to cut the window ledge back but i got it right.
I was talking for only the hole or maybe the outside too. I don't install it and I have to hope they got the drawing right and in the right location. or I have to draw it in the right location from a dxf I found online (G) just so much stress for such a small cut.

carlhopkins
04-29-2017, 10:26 PM
Nice look with the under mount!
Years ago I had a drop in standard sink in butcher block to cut out. We had a nice jig for the post formed tops to use with a router and coller. Well thick hard maple not a good match. I had marked many and cut with jigsaw , 32 1/4" x 21 1/4" and a coffee cup for marking the corners. So the owner of the shop said no to the 1/4" only the full inch and would not take my word.

Let' say cutting an 1/8" off all the way around 1 1/2" maple is not at all fun.