PDA

View Full Version : Y axis just stoped

walnutman
06-02-2007, 02:46 AM
I was cutting my first 3D file today. half way through the file, my Y axis just stopped. the program kept on going, but the Y did not move. I stopped the file from running, and tried to move the Y with the K command. Did not work. Nothing on the computer screen indicated any problem, but the Y would not move. I closed the control software, and started back up, still nothing. Then, finally, I shut down the computer, started back up and it worked. I just got the machine and this kind of freaked me out. It also ruined the piece I was working on. Does anyone have any experince with this problem?

cnc_works
06-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Something similar happened to me on one of my X axis drives and I learned that if communication to the Gecko driver was lost even for an instant, it shuts down and will not restart until I shut down and restart the control box to reset the driver. Happens very erratically and I've had no way of determining the exact cause. Fortunately it happens seldom enough that it is not a real problem, but I would sure like to figure it out so I don't have to worry.

Donn

walnutman
06-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Well this is becoming a real probelm for me. It just happened again. 2 1/2 hours into a project the Z axis was lost. Once again ruining an expensive piece of wood. I cant cross my fingers even time I start a job hoping that is does not happen. Can anyone please help? I will call Shopbot Monday, but am down for the weekend now. I cant handle ruining another piece of material at this point.

tree
06-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Well Im having the same problem. I dont know what to do. I have not even cut the first part..... Man Im frustrated. What has been done in the past to get this right. I have been talking to tech support all week and we have tried everything. Hopefully this week I can have better luck.

walnutman
06-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Hey Brian,
I spoke to tech support today and they told me to check the voltage from the power supply. It should be between 48 to 50 volts. It seems that anything outside of this range could cause this issue. Did they have you check this and if so, what did you find?