PDA

View Full Version : Aspire and VCP 9 is OUT :)

scottp55
07-18-2017, 04:14 PM
Just ran across this in the Vectric forum;
http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=27696

Now just to wait for the Shopbot Edition again.
I'm saving:)
scott

OH...I asked Vectric Support if I needed to make a Portal account for the Shopbot Edition of VCP9, and they said we would go through Shopbot as usual when it was ready.

scottp55
07-18-2017, 05:28 PM
I'm downloading the trial version of VCarvePro now to see the changes;
http://www.vectric.com/products/vcarve/trial.html

steve_g
07-18-2017, 08:06 PM
Scott…
I watched the hour + video on the V9 features… My first impression: compared to version 8, I’m underwhelmed. Most changes, to me, seem to make VCP/Aspire a more powerful CAD program, but nothing we couldn’t already do with gadgets and methods we’ve come to consider our normal work flow.
HOWEVER, the two-sided rendering capability makes this upgrade a must have… not for my benefit but for my customers!
Now, when Vectric allows me to assemble rendered components, I’ll get excited again!
SG

knight_toolworks
07-18-2017, 09:40 PM
Scott…
I watched the hour + video on the V9 features… My first impression: compared to version 8, I’m underwhelmed. Most changes, to me, seem to make VCP/Aspire a more powerful CAD program, but nothing we couldn’t already do with gadgets and methods we’ve come to consider our normal work flow.
HOWEVER, the two-sided rendering capability makes this upgrade a must have… not for my benefit but for my customers!
Now, when Vectric allows me to assemble rendered components, I’ll get excited again!
SG
where did you find the video?

scottp55
07-18-2017, 09:46 PM
Yeah Steve,
VCP8 was wonderful, and 8.5 was a game changer.
Not that much I can use either....but playing with the 2 sided and the icons now(and thinking I need to watch a tutorial on it:)
BAD thing is all .crv's now open in the VCP9 Trial version.....spent a couple minutes with the "open with" but so far can only get it to open with VCP8.014 :( :(
Tired.
Manana when I'm caffeinated:)
scott

scottp55
07-18-2017, 09:53 PM
Steve...Gary Campbell just said on the Vectric forum;
"My downloads included nearly 50 MB of "V9" additional clipart"
That was in the Aspire thread though.
THAT might be nice:)

knight_toolworks
07-18-2017, 09:53 PM
I doubt I will update. last time I had 6 and they gave me a deal to go to 8 that was a lot cheaper. I don't end uo using a lot of the new features. I like the tool path merge but it does not always merge the tool paths and ends up cutting like the two tool paths I merged.

steve_g
07-18-2017, 09:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er-9RlnNAXU

oops... that's Aspire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Eg6CzBmQE

here's VCP

khaos
07-19-2017, 05:12 PM
I need a way to speed up the video. I could only get through about 3 minutes of 1:17:00 (OMG) It seems to belabor a continually disappointing UI. As I have said since 2.0 just let us choose the tools we have on each of the tool windows and that's all you have to do. Anyway, The video needs to be split up into more bite size pieces. I am a huge fan of the product but an hour and a quarter+ is way too much.

I am on my way north to Inuit country for inspiration for about two weeks and I will be out of pocket.

scottp55
07-20-2017, 08:54 PM
Oops on 50MB new clipart for VCP9 :(
That's Aspire only.
Sorry,
scott

tri4sale
07-20-2017, 10:40 PM
I just upgraded. I was on Aspire 4.5 so going to 9 is a good jump for me. I'd don't like going more than one version between upgrading just makes the learning curve greater. Now to spend a few hours watching the videos on 9 and seeing what is new since 4.5

And when I ordered, there was the additional clipart links, they totaled 3.41GB of files in addition to the Aspire download. There are 13 files, 1 labeled V9BonusClipart, so I'm not sure if the other 12 files come with versions 8 and older.

scottp55
07-21-2017, 07:51 AM
Congrats Daniel:)
Adrian said in Vectric forum that"V9BonusClipart" is all new from the previous version.
scott

cowboy1296
07-21-2017, 11:14 AM
I am still learning 8.5 and cant imagine needing anything else, so i will just stick with what i know.

gundog
07-21-2017, 12:12 PM
I am still learning 8.5 and cant imagine needing anything else, so i will just stick with what i know.

How long have you had 8.5? you may be eligible for a free upgrade. There are some really handy upgrades in version 9 and it is not like learning all new software it is just a little different nothing major but the new features are nice.

Greybarn
07-21-2017, 07:12 PM
Does Shopbot put out their own upgrade of version 9?

scottp55
07-21-2017, 07:53 PM
Yes, they'll have the Shopbot Edition out pretty much as soon as Vectric gives it to them....a little bit of patience is needed if it's anything like when 8 came out.
Of course that's just for VCP I think....?
Aspire users...don't you upgrade to the full version when pay the upgrade price?
The price for VCP upgrade from Shopbot is usually less than for regular VCP users.
scott

steve_g
07-21-2017, 10:58 PM
The only change shopbot makes to upgrades is to make it where it will only toolpath with shopbot post processers... that's only fair though as the program was either given with a new machine, or purchased with a generous SB discount.
SG

woodshop
07-23-2017, 08:06 AM
The upgrade seemed centered around CAD improvements, something we already have with Adobe Illustrator.
Did not see any mention of technical upgrades or improvements.
CAD improvements are not enough of an upgrade IMHO.
We do not use VCarvePro 8.5 for CAD work. All of that is done with Illustrator.

IMHO, version 8.5 is a great release and will carry-the-day for us long into the future.

Walt_S
08-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Is there a free upgrade period? I've had VCP8.5 for less than a year. I understand from the Vectric forum that it is a new install, it doesn't overwirte 8.5. That would be a nice option to have both.

Has anyone found a link to it yet on the Shopbot site? Still no luck here and was told a couple weeks more than a couple weeks ago it seems.

knight_toolworks
08-01-2017, 01:52 PM
yes you get a year of free upgrades.

tri4sale
08-01-2017, 08:47 PM
Is there a free upgrade period? I've had VCP8.5 for less than a year. I understand from the Vectric forum that it is a new install, it doesn't overwirte 8.5. That would be a nice option to have both.

Has anyone found a link to it yet on the Shopbot site? Still no luck here and was told a couple weeks more than a couple weeks ago it seems.

Depends :)

If you bought it new then you get a year of upgrades.
If you upgraded to 8.5, than you only get 90 days of free update to newer version.