PDA

View Full Version : The Miss Adventures of T&G

genek
08-22-2017, 06:34 PM
The Miss Adventures of T& G

Aug 22 at 5:29 PM

Tina and I left Thursday Morning for the hunt of the elusive green back. We drove to the the great black top beach of Hopkinsville. We arrived early to get a feel for the lay out of the land. The promoters of the Great hunt told us and our sponsor the KAC that we should be prepared to take many of the Green Backs...(they expected 500,000 to 600,000 people) KAC sponsored four of their great white hunters to represent the KAC and helped with the great hunt. Upon arrival We checked in with the gate keepers and found out where everything was located. We go to where they said to park our 360 horses Which turns out that we would have to arrive a hour ahead of time in order to hike to our hunting blind. Fortunately The Tribe that owned that land said that they had not given the Gate keepers permission to allow us to park there and that they would send our horse to a stable that charged for picking them up and keeping them). I then found a man That sold many horse that was going to close his stable down for the weekend and bribed him to allow all four great white hunters to be able to leave their horses in his stable. (was actually just around the corner which was better for us to load in and out.)
We start getting our blinds set up and getting all of our weapons laid out and a monsoon sets in and we have to wait to be able to put out weapons and to start bagging the green backs the next day,. Unfortunately none of us are able to find accommodations in the area, two has to cross over in to another country called Tennessee to find lodging. Tina and I have lodging , however it is a hour ride to where we will sleep. All seems to be going great with just a few minor problems that we over came. All four of KAC hunters show up early to make sure we are ready to take our fair share of the Great Green Backs that are migrating from all over. Upon Arrival we find that we are south of the watering holes, the gate keeper has fenced off the southern border to make sure the great herd only has one way in and out of the watering holes and just past the watering holes they have set up the drum beaters to help prevent the heard from going further and to make it impossible for us to hear the calls of the heard. WE were also promised a generator to run our blinds on after 8;00 P.M. because it gets very dark and there is no moon hanging on a post for us to see by (on hind site maybe one of the local tribes stole it ). Luckily between us we are able to come up with enough electric cords to reach the local power company, however we found out the electricity does not travel great distances and that at our lights we were getting below 75 volts. Needless to say our electric torches did not burn as bright as the should.
WE talk things over and decided to just chill and see how many strays came past the watering hole, we figured if they drank enough maybe they would forget which way they came in.
As the hunt progresses all of us are just setting back enjoying the sun waiting on the heard to show up and waiting, and waiting all day. Tina has her spf 50 sun block and is enjoying getting a great tan. , (note to myself do not get a hair cut the day before a trip to the beach.) Not wanting to have the 50's grease hair do look I forgo the spf for my head.I now have a headache that will last about 15 days. I did finally bag enough green back to be able to trade for lunch, supper and breakfast. ($87.00) We talk about this and still we decided to keep up the hunt and be back here the next morning, and that two of us would hike around to find the signs that the KAC had sent (took two days to find them) and see how we can direct traffic our-self's. Saturday one of the hunters brings a cot and takes naps from time to time, Tina and I start chatting with our neighbors just south of us Nora and Dale Swanson and developed a great and lasting friend ship. (Dale loves My War Stories. Thinks I should write a book) Had I not have brought ornaments to trade to the locals for their green backs we would have had to send smoke signals home to send us food and money to get home) Second day we finally managed to capture 342 green backs, ( I catch more at Wave lands Park in a hour than i did that whole day) Not wanting to give up the hunt the hunters decide that we will stay, take pictures and make videos of the hunting area so that the next time KAC sponsors a hunt that they can learn from our experience of this hunt. Like i said had we not brought the ornaments to trade to the locals we would have not have covered our expenses (Our hay loft $900.00 which was cheap some people were paying $700.00 per night with 3 day minimum. Even the local priest was getting in on the hunt by charging $40.00 for standing room in their corral, and others charging $400.00 to park your horse per day. The hunt starts to wind down and around 7:00 P.M. two of the local tribes decide to go head hunting and start a routine of one tribe behind us and one in the front trying to steal our weapons and what few green backs we have collected. We call in the local rangers and they send out two rangers with vest on and both of them my dog could have crawled away from.. Two of the hunters decided that is time to quit and get our weapons and blind out of their around 7:30. Normally I can tare down in a hour and a half, not that night, We have to get one of the food vendors to stand guard with a gun while Dale and I pack our weapons to our wagons This slows us way down, I even ended up locking Tina in the Wagon to make sure she was safe. None of us could leave until almost 11 to make sure the other got out safely.

WE stayed to watch our Great Gods Light show, Tina and I drove out to Land Between the Lakes near the Bison Prairie and found a great place to watch the event. AS soon as the moon starting moving from the total eclipse, we started our horse heading Home. They tell me that 69 is a fun number, I do not think so, a four hour trip turned into a 12.5 hour trip. As soon as we hit interstate 69 it was bumper to bumper five miles an hour.. We finally got to Western KY Parkway, (me) hoping most would continue north and some East, no luck, wall to wall bumper to bumper, sometimes I took a nap while setting in the fast lane. All these horse are just crawling along, some in bad need of hay, and feed stores lines backed out on the interstate as far back as half a mile. Some poor horses dying right on the road and had to be pushed off. Our horse finally starts to get hungry and we find a feed store, WE get our feed for our horse (and it was lucky that we did the next horse only got a small bite of food, we also purchased the last hamburger that the restaurant Had to sale, they were down to cabbage and lettuce. This followed all the way to Bardstown, No rooms and heavy traffic. We arrived home after 3:30 A.M. I have no clue where this heard of traffic came from, I could have sold more and seen more setting beside the road, however my hunting license had expired.

On the up side we got to meet people from across the great pond to as far away as Lebanon A few from north of the great lakes. However The Lebanese people went back with a new way to kill off all of the westerns, They are going to do away with the car bombs and road side bombs and just sponsor events where that only their people make money and the Westerns (southerners Like Us) Starve to death.

WE sold less than $150.00 of our Wooden Kitchen Items, The only thing that kept us from losing the farm was the ornaments that were designed for the eclipse and our dog ornaments (both are not juried in). We sold 115 ornaments at $10.00 each.. Had I packed the correctly I could have doubled that on the way home by walking up and down the road when we were stopped.

Eric Haney
08-24-2017, 11:48 AM
Hi Gene, do you have pictures of the eclipse and dog ornaments that you could post?

genek
08-25-2017, 11:38 AM
Hi Gene, do you have pictures of the eclipse and dog ornaments that you could post?
Yes I do .. will post latter today... been busy getting sleep and unloading products.