PDA

View Full Version : Sports item

khaos
09-24-2017, 10:46 PM
I started this before all the kneeling **** started. It was a gift for a life long fan. Sadly, with all the BS I think they have given up on the entire league. I left it rough on purpose to fit his non-sterile decor ...

Anyway there are three layers The WA state layer, the city scape and the center layer that I put a flexible strip of leds on.

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=30701&stc=1

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=30702&stc=1

khaos
09-24-2017, 10:49 PM
funny c.r.a.p. is a bad word ....

srwtlc
09-24-2017, 11:34 PM
Nicely done!

Yeah, today was it, no more NFL for this Packer fan!

khaos
09-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Thanks. And I know what you mean :(

Its just shy 4' wide. Shipping this from east coast to west coast today. I need to figure way to ship without bankruptcy. lol I think I need to make an actual crate.

bleeth
09-27-2017, 12:40 AM
Well, as a Seahawks fan for many years and seeing many controversies in sports come and go my only reaction is WOW-I want one!

khaos
10-03-2017, 04:19 PM
It should arrive tomorrow. I hope it survived the trip I packaged it well but I have faith in UPS's ability as well. ;) Shipping for ground 1 week delivery was $65 with $1000 insurance.

cowboy1296
10-04-2017, 09:44 AM
This boycott would be short lived if people who are against the bs would take a stand. For now no more nfl for me. Pretty sign i guess.

kyeakel
10-04-2017, 04:46 PM
I quit watching football right after the deflate gate scandal. Since there was no real penalty against Brady or the Patriots by the NFL, this sport has become the equivalent of the farce that wrestling is. I do believe that people need to take a stand against uncontrolled police violence, kneeling during the National Anthem is a peaceful way to do that.

Kipp

khaos
10-04-2017, 08:25 PM
ANYWAY, my Seattle PD friend loved it and noticed the thin blue line I put on the skyline. I put a 1/8" royal blue pinstripe that you can barely see in the second pic.

He sent me pictures of him holding it where it will be hung with a big smile.

cowboy1296
10-05-2017, 07:27 AM
I like the thin blue line, sort of an in your face nfl. If this were facebook I would you what I really think about the nfl. Like I said earlier no more nfl for me.

khaos
10-06-2017, 01:39 PM
My SPD buddy said the thin blue line was like his own quiet protest and reminds him that most people support him and his brothers and sisters as a cop now and as retired military. As I suspected cops notice blue lines like we see another car on the road like one we own. There was no need to make it bigger or brighter he likes that it is understated and many people will not see it. He is still raving about this thing to anyone who will listen.

ps: Apologies to my SB community. I know I opened the door on the NFL for opine because I was hurt a bit that this gift should have brought only joy to a friend and that joy was partially stolen. I am glad we can keep it to the woodcraft here. At least %99. We are bombarded everywhere else let's keep it politic free in here. :D