PDA

View Full Version : Control box

MBord
02-05-2007, 08:24 PM
last fall i had trouble getting the software to connect to the control box,this after 11/2 years of trying to learn to run this machine. so customer service figured out i needed a new control board for almost $200.00 they were right, it worked, cured my problem, but now 3 months later it's doing it again, the yellow box on screen says my ports are ok,but it doesn't get feed back from the control box. anyone else have this problem or am i doing something wrong.

john_l
02-05-2007, 10:56 PM
I have seen that same yellow box and statement also. I have only been using mine for a week thus far though. Maybe the some of the regulars know what this is all about? Thanks.

rhfurniture
02-06-2007, 02:07 AM
I used to get that. Discovered my computer was trying to get AV updates. Disabled everything except shopbot stuff and it was fine. It still sometimes happens if I switch things on at the start of the day in the wrong order or with bad timing - I just switch all off and start again.

R.

beacon14
02-06-2007, 07:31 PM
I used to get it a lot - changed to a clean installation of windows on a re-formatted hard drive on a different computer and it stopped - turns out the memory was defective on the first computer.