PDA

View Full Version : Losing comm in the same place - 3 times!

dubliner
03-02-2008, 05:27 PM
I was running a file & lost comm ( figured grounding ) the ran it again, lost it in exactly the same place, & then again. Then I came across a thread about tabbing in an arc, tabs after a CG command. Any possibility I am getting the same problem, I admit I didnt have the DC grounded, but ran a ground wire, but thought it less than spectacular after the same error at the same line in the file - any thoughts? original post attached:

Scott Worden
Registered Member
Username: Srwtlc

Post Number: 321
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 9:04 am:

gpari
03-02-2008, 07:52 PM
I've had files stop before on the same line multiple times. I've got one program that will stop on the same line no matter when I run it. I have never been able to run the file. Even if manually type in the sequence of moves into the command line, it will crash... If I change the starting or ending point by a couple of thou I can get it to run. Really weird. I sent a copy of the file to shopbot a few times and they never got back to me on it.

So when this happens (and it is very rare) I just find the offending combination of moves and change the numbers a bit, or have it jog somewhere else in between. Seems to fix the problem.

If I remember right, it would crash in the inch/arc post but not in the inch.

Gabe

srwtlc
03-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Neville,

The problem that I came across at that time was that the machine would just start wandering off course after the tab which was after a CG arc/curve. I never had a lost comm error happen with it, but that's not to say that it not a possibility.

Also, at that time the tabs where placed by either using the TB command or a special "TAB" layer that I was using in VectorCam.

This doesn't happen with tabs from VCP or PartsWorks.

If it happens in the same place each time, what does the offending code look like? It would be interesting to try it on another machine and see if it's repeatable.

uffabrew
03-05-2008, 02:56 PM
I have had the same problems. The only way I got around the error was to record the line of code it stopped at. Then reboot the system and pick the Shopbot file from the next line. It is not a solution to the problem, only a "duct tape" work-around.

jfortenbery
03-19-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm fighting the same problem right now. The file is a Partworks Sample project file. Really frustrating!

I'll tune back in if I find a solution.

Jeff

dubliner
03-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Jeff, I sorted my problem out. Provided you have a grounded DC, stable computer, no wireless and the other "givens" my problem was the PRS A, would always fail with a z speed of .1, when I sped up all the files that were crashing they have all run repeatedly without a problem.