-B

mezalick
04-20-2018, 05:20 PM
I like it..
Best of luck.
Michael

kartracer63
04-20-2018, 05:30 PM
Great web page, Brady! Very cutting edge. It says everything you need to say, without overstating anything. I like how everything is on a single page too. Well done, sir!

Brady Watson
04-20-2018, 06:34 PM
Thanks guys - It's not spit polished but I wanted to get the general idea across for both new & tech savvy people. I resisted the temptation to put too much info/photos on there - there's a lot of gorgeous stuff that just didn't make the cut.

-B

mikeacg
04-21-2018, 08:22 AM
Brady,

Obviously you spent a bit of time thinking this project through before starting to build it. The site came out great as a result!

Mike

phil_o
04-21-2018, 08:40 AM
Many thumbs up :)

Phil

scottp55
04-21-2018, 09:37 AM
As elegant and understated as your superlative work itself!
Well done Brady! :)
scott

Jerry Carney
04-21-2018, 10:17 AM
Great website. Jerry

steve_g
04-21-2018, 10:23 AM
I enjoyed my visit!

SG

Brady Watson
04-21-2018, 02:38 PM
Thanks guys - Hopefully I'll see a few of you guys @ the McGrew Aspire Camp next week. Looking forward to it.

-B

bleeth
04-21-2018, 05:50 PM
Totally reeks.:rolleyes:

coryatjohn
04-21-2018, 08:06 PM
Thanks guys - Hopefully I'll see a few of you guys @ the McGrew Aspire Camp next week. Looking forward to it.

-B

I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia - Downtown and need a ride in on Thursday...

Brady Watson
04-21-2018, 08:53 PM
I'm staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbia - Downtown and need a ride in on Thursday...

Sorry - I'm coming down from the north & that would be completely out of my way. Post in the Aspire Camp thread that you need a ride & maybe someone else is staying there too. Worst case you can call a cab. It's only 2.5 miles from you.

-B

curtiss
04-21-2018, 10:26 PM
totally Rocks !

Dish
04-22-2018, 07:01 AM
Call a cab, try either uber or lift it would be cheaper.

tri4sale
04-23-2018, 01:20 PM
Looks great, one potential bug on the site.

Under the FAQ section, when I click on the "+" it spins into a "-" but the answer doesn't pop open and vice versus. If I click on the question it does open / close.

Red F
04-23-2018, 01:49 PM
I looked at the site on an Iphone SE. Some of the section title words have to go onto multiple lines due to their font size and length. Also the animated typing bit at the end causes the FAQ part below it to jerk up and down as the line above it is written and erased.

Otherwise it looks great and looks really nice on the desktop.

Brady Watson
04-23-2018, 03:39 PM
Looks great, one potential bug on the site.

Under the FAQ section, when I click on the "+" it spins into a "-" but the answer doesn't pop open and vice versus. If I click on the question it does open / close.

Daniel - thanks. What browser/device are you using? It functions as designed here in Edge & Chrome. When I click on the answer it doesn't do anything for me - only the question has an action to it.

Red - thanks. Yes - not so great in some areas on mobile devices. I think what I will wind up doing is sensing the viewing device & then directing things like mobile devices to a whole different page optimized for smaller screens. I could optimize it for phones etc now, but that would make desktop/tablet viewing become very small. I didn't want that...

Thanks!
-B

Red F
04-23-2018, 06:53 PM
That is a constant battle for our website guy at work. I happily only know a little about it.

coryatjohn
04-23-2018, 08:26 PM
The better idea in the world of website building is to go with one of the popular frameworks like Wordpress or Blogger and use their tools to build a responsive (work equally well on mobile and desktop) site. It's easy, inexpensive and doesn't require a "web guy" to do it. I built a very nice site in about a day on Wordpress.com and paid $80 for a year of hosting. For that, I can use a custom domain and my choice of hundreds of templates. All of them are responsive, flexible and maintained. Wordpress (and the other companies) also take care of the messy details like virus management and DDOS type traffic. It's like having a world class webmaster for virtually nothing.

I would recommend doing this for any type of professional website that doesn't require backend custom programming and scripting.

I'm a very experienced software engineer with my own server farm and I still use Wordpress.com for hosting my important websites.

willnewton
04-24-2018, 08:40 AM
The header for “Did you know” item 4. Might want to read that again, got two words reversed.

It would be good to see a pic or two of your facilities or you. When you have a business that involves a high level of trust, such as one where you might be sending off a high value or one off item, it can help to give a sense of person, place, and “yes, we actually exist somewhere besides the internet” that only bricks and mortar can provide. Of course you have a good rep here, but if I had never heard of you, then I would feel better knowing my items were being delivered to a place, not a website, if you get my drift.

It would also be nice if you could click on the some of your pics and get an enlarged view, especially the large millwork. You are doing detailed work and I want to see more of that awesome detail. The pics are about 1x2” on my iPad, if that

I got no complaints, just a couple of suggestions. Overall, it is pretty sharp looking and does the job well, just like your product. Mission accomplished!

tri4sale
04-27-2018, 12:39 AM
Daniel - thanks. What browser/device are you using? It functions as designed here in Edge & Chrome. When I click on the answer it doesn't do anything for me - only the question has an action to it.

-B

Sorry delay getting back to you. Using Google Chrome "Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)" on a Windows 7 machine. Clicking on the question works fine, open / close the answer. Clicking on the + or - to the left of question doesn't always work.