PDA

View Full Version : Loosing Zero on all three axis

walksonwater
05-27-2007, 12:53 AM
I have a new PRT Alpha w/7.2 motors, Frank has set me up with the correct Unit Values, 3.4.26 software.
If I use the keyboard to move around the table my measurements appear to be dead on.

I have several problems and they look to be related, all three axis are loosing where their zero location was…..

One problem is very similar to this JH problem:

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/26/17126.html?1168105149

MH command works fine, JH and it takes off screaming across the table headed for home but usually
overshoots by about 2 inches and the Z shoots up to about 4 inches off the table.

I tried Paco’s idea..Z3, ZT…again MH works great, JH look out!
I also tried the resolution to 1 on the Z and didn’t change.
I set my J & M speeds the same as in the post…VS 1,.65,1,720,2,1,3,1440
The MH command used those values to move, but the JH command did not use those values
And must have been Jogging some where’s around 8.

The other problem is when I ran a small Vcarve, Preview mode looks fine. Cutting mode took off and started
The first letter fine and then when it made it’s first move up the Z went up about 2 inches and stayed up there.
It was hard to tell if X & Y was really off at that point.

Any ideas where I should begin?
Should I just move on to the newest version?

Thanks,
Randy

bill_l
05-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Randy,

Did you set the "Unit Multiplier" when you set the Unit Values? For the 7.2:1 it needs to be set at "5" for both X&Y and Z. I had a similar problem my first day.

Go to version 3.5.3 and after installation make sure that all your original values are retained or reset them. I've been running 3.5.3 since it was released and have not had any problems with it yet.

Bill

walksonwater
05-27-2007, 10:41 AM
My mulitplier's are set to 4. I will try this. thanks,
Randy

walksonwater
05-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Bill,

Thanks for the information...JH is working correctly now. I haven't tried running a file or the upgrade yet, That will be next.

Just out of curiosity...should I have been able to find that setting for the 7.2 motors in my manual?

Bot on!

bill_l
05-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Randy,

It was on a separate sheet with the Unit Values that I got with all the documentation. I can scan it and e-mail it to you or SB probably has a PDF that they can e-mail you.

The issue you had with VCarve was most likely due to numerous jogs within the file. You should be OK to go now.

Bill

walksonwater
05-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks Bill, your settings you provided have cleared the problem. So far it's been flawless since making the changes. Giving her a workout this weekend.
Randy