PDA

View Full Version : Shopbot jerking

groovinjello
01-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Ok, I'm using a "community" shopbot and tried to run Bill Young's "Workstation" patter that I downloaded from ShopBot Project Wizard (http://www.shopbotprojectwizard.com/pw/products.aspx?product=7&id=7)

When doing an air cut, the ShopBot started jerking and shaking (I don't know how else to describe it). Someone there said I had the project feed speed to high.

My concern is that:
1. this file was created by a well known ShopBotter who I would trust to have a speed set for general use.

2. only the sbp files were provided so I don't know how to adjust the feed speed or make any further adjustments to the project (if anyone knows how to get ahold of the dxf or vector file of the workstation project, I would be grateful).

I'm worried that there might be something wrong with the shopbot I'm using and I should notify the people who own it.

Thanks for any help!
Nate

thewoodcrafter
01-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Nate,

Did you look at the feed speed on the screen when it was doing this?

If you open the file in the editor and look for MS you can change to speed yourself.

If it was written for an Alpha (running at 6 - 8 IPS) and your running a standard this may cause a problem.

groovinjello
01-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Thanks Roger,

Although I'm not finding anything in the file with MS.

There is MZ but no numbers associated with it.

I'll keep looking.

It must be a standard.

thewoodcrafter
01-22-2010, 12:54 AM
MS should be at the beginning of the file, after all the "commented lines".

It would have numbers after it.

MZ is move Z. Should have a number after it.

groovinjello
01-22-2010, 02:57 AM
I got the DXF file I was looking for and can find the MS in the new file created. This should work perfectly. Thanks for all your help!