PDA

View Full Version : Can’t connect PC to ShopBot

sifford@i-plus.net
11-17-2000, 11:58 AM
It seems that I am having a serial port problem. I can only get preview mode. I have tried everything that I can think of – I have made connection with a newer 300/intel computer but I wish to use my 486/dx66

danhamm@abccom.bc.ca
11-17-2000, 04:30 PM
Eric, you might have to go into your Bios setup
and reset your com.ports 1-4 they might be turned
off.. Dan H

support@shopbottools.com
11-18-2000, 01:04 PM
Hi Eric,

First, do you have the correct software version? You should be using 2.21 for a new PRT tool, 2.20 for an older PR ShopBot. These are both available on the web site if you don't have them, and if you received a new tool, should be on the diskette that came with the control box. (The software on the blue ShopBot CD will not work with new tools.)

Delete the ShopBot.ini file before trying to connect. Try again ... if you know what port you should be connecting to, use the [VI] Command to explicitly test it if your port is not recognized in the normal sequence.

OK. If these things don't help. Then the problem is likely to be an incompatible driver that is being loaded in the CONFIG.SYS or AUTOEXEC.BAT file when your computer is started. If you will email the PROBLEM.LOG file to support@shopbottools.com (mailto:support@shopbottools.com) be can check all this stuff out and quickly solve the problem. [Note, we check the support mailbox every 3-4 hours, even on the weekend.]