PDA

View Full Version : Chinese spindle query

edp
08-14-2019, 03:38 PM
I have just received 2.2kw Chinese spindle kit which consists of a Huan Yang 2.2 kw VFD, 220volt single phase in and 3 phase out., a small submersible pump and a 2.2 kw spindle. My problem is the spindle is clearly stamped 110volts. I am not aware that 110 3 phase is even possible. Is there any way to alter the output of the VFD to accommodate 110volt spindle or does the VFD auto detect the correct output voltage. I know that the voltage varies with the frequency but do not know if the 110 spindle is even usable. Don't want to hook it up and have a puff of smoke test come out positive. Any thoughts on this?

Brady Watson
08-14-2019, 07:31 PM
Contact the seller you bought it from for advice.

pro70z28
08-14-2019, 10:18 PM
I second what Brady said. I bought a VFD a few months ago and the included instructions were sketchy at best. Went to you tube and they had the same complaint about the instruction manual. I even had an electrician come to the shop to try & sort it out. No Luck. Then, I sent a video, to the seller, of what I had thought was the right set up and they sent back a revised step by step video. After duplicating his settings, it worked first time and has been since.

edp
08-15-2019, 08:00 AM
Many thanks for the input. Unfortunately, the seller seems to be Amazon so I really have no one to ask about setup - Amazon is happy to send a new complete kit (FOC) which should arrive next week. There are videos online that show how to wire the VFD and spindle, but nothing to explain the 110volt voltage marked on the spindle. Do you still have the video instructions and would you be willing to share it? - might just solve the problem. Failing that, I will wire up the one I have and hope for the best - If it smokes I will still have the backup that Amazon is sending. Thanks for your reply.

tlempicke
08-18-2019, 06:49 AM
With a VFD it is possible to have just about any voltage and frequency for both the input and the output. Since you bought it from Amazon I certainly would not experiment with it. Amazon is good about returns but they are not stupid either. If you burn it up you are going to answer them as to "What Happened?"

Also the video instructions for one VFD don't really apply to a different brand or even a different model of the same brand.