PDA

View Full Version : Relay Board, Control Card, Spindle Control & RBK Board for sale

EricSchimel
11-02-2019, 06:10 PM
Hey all, I've got a set of control cards for a ShopBot for sale. These were all pulled out of my fully working machine.

First up is a ShopBot motion control card. This board is a USB card that talks to SB3 and sends moves to your machine. Has SB standard DB37 connector so it can be plugged into ShopBot breakout boards.

It's a V201A:

New MSRP $250.
Asking $125

Next up is a spindle speed controller. For those of you that have a spindle (NOT a router) and you don't have software control, this SB original unit will let you upgrade so that your spindle speed is controlled by SB3:

New MSRP: $250
Asking $125

Next up is a ShopBot relay board. You can add this to your ShopBot to control external devices such as a router, dust collector or vacuum table (or even some lights to tell you your job is done!)

MSRP $160
Asking $80

Lastly we have an RBK Board. This is a current generation board. Great if you need a replacement part, or are upgrading for some more modern SB features that aren't offered by the older boards.

MSRP $350
Asking $175

All of these parts were used by me in my machine and are all working. They've seen less than 2 years in service. They'd make a great set if you're building a new control box, or refreshing an old one.

I'd sell them as a set, or individually. First come first served!

EricSchimel
11-05-2019, 08:55 PM
Relay board is sold. The rest is still available!

EricSchimel
11-12-2019, 09:54 AM
Control card is sold!

I have the RBK board and the spindle speed controller left.

EricSchimel
12-01-2019, 08:51 PM
Cyber Monday special:

The Spindle Speed controller is now $100

The RBK Board is now $150

Tom Bachman
12-12-2019, 10:45 AM
Eric, Looks like my V2.06 board in my PRT has gone belly up. What needs to happen in order to make the RBK board work in my box? Very interested!

EricSchimel
12-12-2019, 11:06 AM
The RBK board is just a breakout board that connects to your drivers, which in the case of the RBK are external, not connected directly like your Gecko drivers I believe are.

If you're talking about the control card, that's the one that plugs into both your PRT breakout board, and this RBK board. I have a V212 card I could sell you, same price as the one listed in the original post here.

Tom Bachman
12-12-2019, 12:52 PM
Thinking I am going to go with a new V4g board from Shopbot.

Tom Bachman
12-12-2019, 12:56 PM
Does that control board have a direct USB connection?

EricSchimel
12-12-2019, 01:24 PM
if they still make the V4G that'll be a pretty easy swap out for you. If they don't, and you want to stay ShopBot you're looking a full RBK system upgrade. You can also go the DIY route, but you'll be off support if you do that.

That control card is USB.

Tom Bachman
12-12-2019, 01:34 PM
Yea, they quoted me a price. Right now I'm trying to determine where my communication problem lies. If it is the control board, yours would be a way cheaper fix and would probably get me by.

I'm in the middle of trying to put the control software on a Win 10 machine to eliminate my PC. I've ordered a new USB-DB9 cable to rule that out as well.

EricSchimel
12-12-2019, 01:57 PM
Start with the cheapest thing and work from there. If you think it's the PC, swap that out. If that doesn't work, try the control card. If you replace that and it doesn't fix it you can transfer that control card to your new breakout board.

You might consider how old the control system is on that machine and consider upgrading the entire thing at once. Electronics no matter how well they were built back in the day don't age well, especially if you have one of those control boxes that isn't sealed. Those new RBK systems from ShopBot come in a nice sealed box (and a big performance boost)

Tom Bachman
12-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Well, it wasn't the computer They have determined that a V4g upgrade should fix my problem, so I just ordered that from Shopbot. Thank you for your help.

EricSchimel
12-12-2019, 05:36 PM
No problem Tom! Good luck!

For those of you that are reading this thread, I DO still a V212 control card (it's a USB one, so a good upgrade to anyone still not on USB)

Sam Mayes
01-27-2020, 11:47 PM
Eric, I just bought an older PRT and am thinking about upgrade options. I haven't contacted ShopBot about my best course of action, but I'm interested in your v212 card. I'll PM you.

EricSchimel
03-14-2021, 05:19 PM
RBK board is still available. $175 or best offer.