PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here needs help

B_Linder_UCWP
11-24-2019, 10:09 AM
Newbie here needs help...
I drew this file in Aspire for a customer wanting a large sliding door in her salon. I created the toolpath as well and I am going to do a test cut of the project in a scrap piece of MDF before I attempt to cut it in 1.5'' Exterra MDF. I could not close all the vectors for a V carve toolpath so I grouped it all together and want to use a 1/8'' flat bottom end mill. The v carve may look better but I am missing something... I've attached the file and an image of the end result I am going for. How do I close all the vectors? I used the close vectors tool and it will not work for me....and can I attach the Vectric file here? It says the file is invalid....
Thank you in advance!

scottp55
11-24-2019, 10:24 AM
VCarve need closed vectors, and yours are just polylines.......Perhaps try a Profile Toolpath/ON Line with a VBit at various depths/angles?

B_Linder_UCWP
11-24-2019, 10:34 AM
Okay I did that and used the quick engraving toolpath with a Vbit, and the preview looks good but
with the quick engraving toolpath or profile toolpath the Vbit won't lift up in the corners like a V carve toolpath? Correct? Maybe I should just cut this with the 1/8'' end mill??

steve_g
11-24-2019, 10:58 AM
http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33424&stc=1
Here's a look at how you'll need to draw your vectors to be able to V-carve them. it will be one closed vector!
SG

scottp55
11-24-2019, 11:06 AM
Brian,
I so rarely use SB3 to preview..I couldn't manage it:(
Also only VCP10...so Aspire file wouldn't do me any good, otherwise I'd ask you to shoot it to my e-mail.
Are they just polylines? If drawn as vectors,,have you tried Vector Validator to see why they won't close?

Maybe somebody with Aspire can chime in?
Unless I can see the file..I really can't help much...sorry!
Do you belong to Vectric Forum?
You can post the .crv3d there and people can probably help you quickly.
sorry...scott

Whew..THANKS Steve!! :)

B_Linder_UCWP
11-24-2019, 11:06 AM
Okay I understand, and I will work on that one, and will I have to draw the intersecting lines on different layers to get the look I am after? I am overwhelmed at this drawing program and doing all I can to learn...

B_Linder_UCWP
11-24-2019, 11:34 AM
I am not a memeber of the Vectric forum so I will sign up and see what they say.
Thank you!

scottp55
11-24-2019, 01:06 PM
May take a couple of days for them to approve, BUT a large group of Very Knowledgeable helpful people for Vectric software...worth the wait.
More members, and all over the time zones for fast help:)
Nice thing is you can post the .crv/crv3d if under 2mb...or provide a link to dropbox or similar if file is too big.
scott