PDA

View Full Version : Gecko Drivers, Vextra Motors and PRT/S control box with power suppliy

uffabrew
03-31-2020, 11:25 AM
We have decommissioned our old ShopBot that has been upgraded throughout the years. It was one of the original cable drive systems with a wooden table that we upgraded to rack and pinion and metal table. After that we upgraded the control board an motors.

Anyway, we have moved on to bigger and better CNC routers and mills. Currently in the shop we have a Shopbot Alpha, ShopSabre ATC and 3 Haas Desktop Mills. The decommissioned components have been taking up space int he cabinets since 2016. They were all working before we decommissioned and dissembled the metal table and XY carriage.

Hoping to find somebody that can use these components. Asking for approx. $350 in new CNC router bits plus calculated shipping to your address. Prefer Whiteside brand carbide Up/Down compression bits with 2" LOC. 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" shanks. Open to other offers. No cash.

MartyM
04-04-2020, 11:41 PM
Your post says " Asking for approx. $350 in new CNC router bits plus calculated shipping to your address."

How much are you asking for the shopbot parts? ...not including approx. $350 in router bits

Kgentry
04-07-2020, 04:55 PM
I am interested in your parts.

I have spent the last 6 - 7 years building, rebuilding and refining a three axis CNC mill from plans I found on Instructables. The machine is in a pretty good place but it could use more speed and torque. At the moment I am using some 350 oz-in torque NEMA 23 motors to direct-drive lead screws for motion. Last fall I made (for me) a big investment in a Hicon Integra controller (ethernet, FPGA) and Mach 4. This has helped with lost steps some.

I am looking at the used Vexta geared NEMA 34 steppers and drive electronics and wondering if I can adapt these to my machine. It wouldn't be a big project but I'm trying to imagine gaps in my ideas to ensure I don't get in over my head mechanically or financially. The steppers appear to have a 1/2" output shaft. Can you confirm the shaft diameter?

I see the listing also includes Gecko G202 drivers and then I'm assuming some power electronics in that "Shopbot" PC tower case. Does the PC case house DC power supplies for the Geckos? If so what voltage are the supplies? I was wanting to keep my Hicon Integra for the controller and use the Geckos and Shopbot power supplies if included in the listing.

Are there any parts or wiring harnesses not pictured in the listing? I see the steppers have 6 pin connectors but I don't see any cabling to run from the steppers to the PC case.

Any extra details about what you're selling would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

uffabrew
04-10-2020, 10:02 PM
Your post says " Asking for approx. $350 in new CNC router bits plus calculated shipping to your address."

How much are you asking for the shopbot parts? ...not including approx. $350 in router bits

Sorry MartyM for not get back to you sooner. I thought I had all replies setup to send me an email notification when anybody posted.

Looking to trade for the parts and avoid a cash exchange. The way my school treats incoming cash, typically means it goes into the general funds and not necessary back into my wood shop budget. To steer the funds back into my wood shop budget from the general budget takes a monumental effort and is a PITA. Plus, I won't see it until the following budget year. Thus trading.

Trading for the items would be the best for my situation. Prefer $350 worth of cnc router bits plus an additional whatever the shipping works out to be to have the items delivered to your address. For example, if shipping for the items equals $75, then it would be $350 + $75 worth of bits; for a total of $425 worth of cnc bits in lieu of cash/check.

uffabrew
04-10-2020, 10:21 PM
Sorry Kgentry for not get back to you sooner. I thought I had all replies setup to send me an email notification when anybody posted.

I will have to measure the shaft diameters tomorrow and get back to you; but a 1/2" does look correct. I will verify. Yes, you are correct in assuming the power supplies are included ( 2 of them, one for the pc board and another for the Gecko drivers) and are located inside the ShopBot PC tower case. ShopBot's forum limits the number of attached pictures to 5, thus I had to remove the 6th pic. Which was of the power supplies. Unfortunately, I don't think we have the cabling runs for them anymore. But they used the standard Wago grey connectors that ShopBot used in the early 2000's

As I mentioned to Mmarty above, "Looking to trade for the parts and avoid a cash exchange. The way my school treats incoming cash, typically means it goes into the general funds and not necessary back into my wood shop budget. To steer the funds back into my wood shop budget from the general budget takes a monumental effort and is a PITA. Plus, I won't see it until the following budget year. Thus trading".

gwilson
04-18-2020, 09:31 PM
Interested, please drop me an email wildspray2008@gmail.com.