PDA

View Full Version : Actual XYZ axis distance different than input

sascha
01-24-2001, 08:22 AM
Hello

I have just completed putting my new SB together. After running a few initial tests, I discovered that the actual distance traveled on each axis is different than what I specified. For example:

X axis input 60", actual distance traveled is 66"

Y axis input 40", actual distance traveled is 44.375"

Z axis input -5", actual distance traveled is circa 5.625".

I double checked the VU values in my software against those in the manual as well as the move speeds (141.4711 for X & Y, 1131.7688 for Z). My manual is the 10/25/00 version. Is there perhaps a new ratio for my machine.

Thanks

Sascha

srwtlc
01-24-2001, 02:50 PM
I had the same problem and found that the values in the manual for 18 and 20 tooth pinions are backwords and incomplete in that there is no z value. Verify the number of teeth on your pinions and then enter these for the 20 tooth (which I had) X & Y 127.324, X 1018.592. Also check your quick reference sheet.

The SB .ini file and the shopbot.dfl have the wrong values for 20 teeth, but the PRT96.dfl has the right ones. If you delete your .ini file then open the shopbot.dfl and the prt96.dfl file, say with notepad, delete the contents of shopbot.dfl and then copy and paste the contents of prt96.dfl into shopbot.dfl and save. Then when you start the ShopBot software it will create a new .ini from the proper values now in the shopbot.dfl file.
I hope I worded that right and clear enough and hope this helps.

Scott