PDA

View Full Version : Shopbot control software without a control panel

eklug
10-23-2007, 02:24 PM
I would like to use the control software without having it connected to a shopbot. We have two cncs running in another plant located about 8 miles away. I do all the programming from my computer and save them on a network for the shopbot operators to access. I only have partwizard on my pc but I would like to have the control software so I could see how the programs cut in preview mode.
When I installed the control software it automatically tries to connect to the control box. I click on preview mode to bypass that and every time an error pops up. "Run time error 91. Object variable or with block variable not set".

Where do I go from here?

gwilson
10-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Someone might know what is going on, or you might have to call shopbot. My first thought is download the latest version and try reinstalling it. I have the control software loaded on my design computer for the same reason.
Gerald

fleinbach
10-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Emily,

I also have the software installed on my office computer and it runs fine in preview mode. Try installing a newer version as Gerald already suggested

srwtlc
10-23-2007, 06:22 PM
This shouldn't be a issue with XP, but the latest version of DirectX was generally the fix for this in Win98.

gwilson
10-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Emily,
Did you get it to work?
Gerald

eklug
10-29-2007, 04:37 PM
I havent had time to play with it more yet. I think it will work though. thanks for all your help.

dubliner
04-10-2008, 10:17 PM
I just had a similar problem in Preview - I noticed that the Simulate box was unchecked on my design computer & I got the same error as you, then I tried the same file on the control computer & the Sim box was checked & the file ran OK. I unchecked it on that machine , tried it again & it failed. Perhaps you might look at that.