PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing Setup for PRT 96

doodad
08-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Need help in solving vacuum pump motor overheating. Does the installation of the plumbing from the table to the vacuum pump require as straight of run as possible, or does it matter how many turns are made (comparing to HVAC ductwork). If we utilize two machines, can the two vacuum pumps be plumbed together so a backup can be available in case of pump failure. Is schedule 40 PVC OK on the inlet side?

patricktoomey
08-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Michael, what kind and size of pump are you using. Also, what is the diameter of your pipe and what kind of spoilboard are you using?

doodad
08-09-2006, 07:13 AM
I should clarify my involvement in solving this problem. I am a Predictive Maintenance Analyst. I diagnose vibration problems in AC Motors and Pump/Fans. I will obtain the technical data on the pump and plumbing. I am trying to determine if it is a process related problem with the plumbing setup between the table and pump, or if we have electrical/mechanical problems in the pump and motor assembly.

doodad
08-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Diagram of table and pump setup. Where should the relief valve be installed?

kerrazy
08-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Relief valve should be in place before the actual pump. Refer to the documentation found on ShopBot's website for a rough explanation of set up. Also ensure the filter is free from debis, as this will cause excessive heating, but also be aware some pumps such as the 15HP regenerative blowers produce alot of heat.
http://shopbottools.com/files/SBG00284051220VacuumHoldDown.pdf

Dale

kerrazy
08-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Sorry could not get link to work, but root around on their site for Doc's

Dale