PDA

View Full Version : Lost communcations error

uffabrew
02-20-2008, 10:51 PM
The last three out of four .sbp files have generated a lost communications error. We are running the most current release of the control software for our ShopBot. Some part files work fine. Others will generate this error at different lines in the code.

I wanted to start sign design with the students, but can't useless the BOT is 100% healthy.

Any ideas or suggestions before I contact the ShopBot Tech department?

Eddie Ufford
Hanford High School
Woodworking Instructor

scottcox
02-20-2008, 11:29 PM
Eddie,

There's a lot of variables to cover, but start with checking your USB connections, your dust collection grounding and even the proximity of your computer to the spindle if you have one.

Also check that you have no other programs running in the background, especially wireless networking.

It's probably something minor. A process of elimination should reveal your problem in no time at all.

Good luck.

-Scott

casey_h
02-26-2008, 11:21 AM
i am having the same problem i'm using sb3 control just upgraded to a 4.17 board i was told that it has hicups at low speeds so i uped my speeds and so far so good. It still says cannot locate active port when i start up the program but when i try to run a file it goes and does it's thing.

butch
02-27-2008, 07:53 AM
Eddie

I have had the same problem. Do get in contact with ShopBot as they will help you through the actual problem.

When I had this problem, it turned out to be two different things. First I was using an older software, believe it was 3.5.3 I upgraded to 3.5.5 and that helped. The other I made certain that I did the Utilities/Install controlbox software. That fixed my problem.
I have my dust collector grounded and know that can cause issues.

Butch