PDA

View Full Version : Input 4 and router not comming on

ken_r
10-10-2006, 05:44 AM
When my prt alpha has been working for a while (say an hour)and I reload another piece of stock to be cut,I start a new file but when I push the start button for the router to kick in it is not comming on and I have to unplug my router from the software and run it to a power point to run it manually. Is this a heating problem? It has been happening for a while now and I have been making do because I have been busy. But now I am having trouble with the input 4 switch, again, it is only after it has been running for a while. Quite often I might cut for 2 hours and then turn the control box off while I do something else, but if I try to turn it all back on within 10 minutes it won't accept that the e stop switch is not open.
I remeber when I first got my BOT hearing the double click when you pushed the reset button but now I only hear one (sometimes it might click on its own about ten seconds after I push the reset)
Any Ideas.
thanks in advance
Ken

jsfrost
10-10-2006, 07:25 AM
Ken,

Your symptoms sound like a control box problem (sticking relay) similar to one I had. If you have not already, call Shopbot for help.

sagreen83
10-10-2006, 01:15 PM
I had exactly the same problem when I first got my Alpha, and Jim is right... I loosened the screws that hold the router relay to the frame, and it worked fine after that... Seems there was stress on the relay housing that was causing the problem.

paco
10-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Same here (as Scott). Just be cautious where you put the screwdriver Ok?!... or turn the breaker power off before opening the control box door.

ken_r
10-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Thanks guys I will check it out.
Ken