PDA

View Full Version : Emergency stop switch

Troyer
12-04-2003, 10:03 PM
When I go to move mode it promps me that my stop switch is on and the input #4 is constantly blinking. It does this in dos and windows v3. I have cleaned all connections, disconnected the button but still will not let me use it in move mode.Could there be a bad circuit in board or am I missing something.I have a good sized fluting job to be done by this weekend, and this is getting frustrating.Your input would be helpful. Thanks Don

pappy
12-04-2003, 10:11 PM
Don,

Mine did the same thing.
Click on (V)alues and then (N)
Change the setting for input 4 and hit enter.
This should help it.

Doug

Troyer
12-05-2003, 06:29 AM
Thanks Doug
I tried that but still no success.
Thanks Don

jay
12-05-2003, 07:28 AM
Do you have a Z zero plate for your machine? If so, check to make sure it is not touching any metal. It should be isolated from the machine when you are not using it to zero the bit. If it is grounding your bot will not move.

edwardmc
12-05-2003, 08:33 AM
Take the switch off and see if you still have the problem. if not It's probbly a bad wire. You can still use the S key to stop, Allso check and see if the spacebar is stuck on your keyboard. or put a diferant key board on

ron_cleaver
12-05-2003, 09:13 AM
I had a problem with the emergency switch - it turned out to be the blue plastic connector on the board of the control box. ShopBot sent me a replacement gratis.

artisan
12-05-2003, 09:53 AM
I remember having this same problem at first. Are you guys using the new Windows version software? Do you have the old version installed as well? I don't think you can have both. I believe there is a port conflict or something similar. Try uninstalling the old SB software and that should cure your problem, I think. Write down your unit values first, and you can easily re-install the old SB software if that's not it...but I think it solved my problem...D

Troyer
12-05-2003, 10:12 PM
Thank you everyone for your help. Grant from shopbot also helped me. Dumb me, I wasn't hitting the enter key after doing the vn command and changing the input settings. Just started using the new sofware and I like it very much.
Don Troyer