PDA

View Full Version : X axis shaking machine

44henry
10-26-2008, 12:18 PM
I seem to be having no end of problems with our bot lately. I finally managed to get the unit values reset so that I am jogging correct distances, but I am having trouble with the x axis. Every time I jog this axis the whole machine shakes when it comes to a stop. I am not having any other problems on either Y or Z, but something doesn't seem right with the X. I suspect it is a settings issue. I had a student who changed the settings in the program without realizing what would happen, it is taking me a while to get everything back on track. The problem just started following this.

Also, how do you control the amount of movement in the z axis when you are jogging it. Previous to the changes I was maybe getting .025" travel every time I hit the down arrow, now I'm getting closer to .450". Thanks

Alex Johnson

44henry
10-26-2008, 12:27 PM
I think I solved my problem by changing the ramp value settings. The problem with the shaking axis seemed to go away.

zombiedragon201
11-05-2008, 04:26 PM
This is interesting. I've been having a similar problem, but it was more of a jerk in one point about 1/4th the way down. For some reason, it just jerked at that point only, and nowhere else, but whenever it jerked, it set the machine manually back a little bit on the x axis. any idea why?