PDA

View Full Version : Video card woes

sam
10-08-2008, 05:21 PM
This is my problem.......i cannot work with all of my tutorial book
because my computer will not read artcams relief (.rlf) files that the program comes with.

Example.....working with the Edinburgh Castle tutorial, I can get all the the way through the tutorial (the base , rim, textures 1 & 2) and everything works as it should.

But when I get to the "open relief from file", I click on the radio button and I can see the "thistles.rlf" file in the menu box but I cannot open/access them.

Also, the menu box does not show a diagram at the bottom of the menu box.

With the help from some computer savvy people I have learned that my graphics card may not be up to the task....if there even is one

So, I have attached a text list of my computers system..........can someone tell me if I can update my graphics card to work with ArtCAM Pro 9's 3D software?

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.061219-0316)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Dimension 4600i
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A10
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 175MB used, 3824MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Thanks , Sam Errett

andyb
10-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Sam,
It looks like the Dell model you have can have one of three different video card. Click on this link: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/my_systems_info/details?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

It will take you to the Dell Support page. Enter in the service tag number of the PC. It is on a barcode on the back of the PC or a small sticker on the side. Then click on the Original System Configuration tab. This will help to identify the video card you are using. From what I see on Dell's support page you shouldn't have a problem with the video. If you have a problem figuring out the info on the website, email me the tag# and I will look at it more.

Andy B.

sam
10-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Andy,

I went to the link and typed in my service tag # (67ZTB51) under the Original System Configuration tab and it brought up a list of item numbers.

Is this the item I, We seek.... SRV,SW,INTEL,VID,DIM4600 ?

If not, you have my service tag # (67ZTB51).

Much thanks for your help, -Sam Errett