PDA

View Full Version : Probe copy function...

harryball
10-11-2006, 06:50 PM
I earned some time to try this again and wanted to start with something simple this time, a 2D profile trace.

I tried it a couple of times and the bot just keeps going in circles. I'm tracing a goose shaped cut out and I start at the foot, it goes all the way around reaches the same foot and keeps going.

This last attempt I wrote to dxf polylines and when I came back it was about 1/3 into the same trace. If I quit the dxf file is no good, I get an unexpected end error if I try to use it.

Any pointers in the right direction?

Robert

harryball
10-11-2006, 07:54 PM
To update, it will create an .sbp and a .dxf file of points. The polyline failed again. I removed the probe and checked everything, I taped the spindle very well this time (in case it moved somehow) and moved to a different position on the table. If it fails again I guess I'll try hanging a rubber chicken on the gantry.

Well, I tried to load the goosepoints.dxf into PartWizard and VCarve Pro, both failed to open the file telling me it is invalid.

Robert

steve4460
10-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Check in your owners manuel . There is something in there about wraping the probe with some fome and a ruberband . To make it less sensetive .

Bot on

harryball
10-11-2006, 10:35 PM
I finally got a good polyline dxf run but I can't explain why. Everything seems normal, the probe appears to work well. I'll suspect some electrical noise or connection issue for a while just to keep me happy. But that doesn't explain why it flawlessly runs the sbp and points dxf files.

I cannot get the points dxf to import into part wizard or Vcarve... maybe it's not supposed too? TurboCad does open it and I get... points arranged in the shape of a goose, go figure.

Any insights, tips, tricks from anyone that uses the copy function would be appreciated.

Robert

bill.young
10-12-2006, 06:43 AM
Hey Robert,

I don't really have any ideas on why you would have a problem with the dxf polyline and not the others...there's functionally no difference in the 2d copy machine versions except for the output file formats. You might try slowing down a little and see if it helps...you can get false triggers when it's doing the circles if the speeds are too high and it can get lost.

I'm not sure about Vcarve but Part Wizard doesn't recognize dxf points. It will import the dxf polyline though.

Bill

scottj
10-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Hi Robert,
The only file format that imports into PartWizard is the polyline .dxf, I think the same holds true for V-Carve. The Point cloud (DXF Points file) can only be read in a CAD program. The circle resolution can make a file not run if you set it too low.

Scott