PDA

View Full Version : Connection To ShopBot Not Made..

boiler
09-23-2003, 03:45 PM
I have used our ShopBot for approximately 4 months successfully. I just experienced a problem while booting the the ShopBot with an error message that reads:

Connection to ShopBot Not Made on COMM Port - 1 [0-1]
ShopBot Control Box May Not Be Turned On (Or Connected?)?
- Switch on...
- Hit C ...
- Hit P ...
- or Hit Esc ...

I have checked the connections and everything seems to be ok. What am I overlooking?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Brent

coastalcarpentry@swfla.rr.com
09-23-2003, 08:09 PM
Try to reload the controlbox in your sb200 folder there is a file callled load46.exe or load44.exe. Are you work in windows or dos if windows try starting sb software in dos mode. If this fails driver board may need to be fixed. If it is driver board you may want to check that the tool is properly gounded including dust collection hose for static.

kerrazy
09-23-2003, 09:46 PM
Push your communications port to port 2 and see if this works.
If you are using other devices on this machine it may be using another comm prot to comunicate with your controll box.

Try rebooting the machine and ensure your control box is on as well

Dale

jkforney
09-24-2003, 08:27 AM
Brent
First I would make sure the connections on the port and control box are tight. Make sure that all cards inside both the computer and control box are seated properly. If that is true and you try other ports, then call ShopBot. They can tell you what to do next.

John Forney

boiler
09-24-2003, 07:14 PM
Still Need HELP!! Ok.. Thank you all for your responses.. I have a wire from the Control Box (I assume this is called the Astron). This wire breaks off into approximately 6 wires that are going into a board of some sort in the ShopBot computer box. Each hole is labeled. There is a ground on each end of the board and several P slots.. ie.. P1 P2 P3. I have one wire out of its slot, but I am not sure which P slot to put it into. Can anyone let me know how there's is set-up?

Thanks again! Your help is valuable and extremely appreciated!

Brent

jay
09-24-2003, 10:32 PM
Brent, it would help us to help you if you could tell us where the wire is coming from. Is it from a stepper motor, if so which one? Or is it comming from a limit switch, remote pendant, what?

boiler
09-25-2003, 07:38 AM
The wire is coming from the Astron. This is a very heavy box that I believe is our control box. We have a cabinet that houses our computer box, the ShopBot computer box and this Astron (that is a brand name).

In addition, I do not find a load44.exe nor a load46.exe. I have a load22.exe. I am thinking that this is not the problem.

Thanks again for any assistance you can provide.

Brent

bill.young
09-25-2003, 08:20 AM
Hi Brent,

The Astron box was the power supply that was used for the PR version of ShopBot. It powered the ShopBot control box which is the computer case that came with the ShopBot (the case with all the motor wires coming into it from the ShopBot). I believe it was 28 volts and had a yellow hot wire and a ground wire that went to the control box. If one of those wires is disconnected then you won't have power to the motor drivers.

If you have a manual you can find the wiring diagram there, but probably the best thing to do is to call tech support and ask them about the connections for your particular tool...you don't want to connect 28 volts into the wrong connection!

Good luck,
Bill

frank
09-25-2003, 09:42 AM
Hi Brent,

You should only have 2 wires coming from the Astron Power supply to the board in your control box, either red and black or yellow and black. If the wire is indeed coming from the control box it is probably from your inputs. P1.4 to P1.5 are inputs 1 to 4 and a wire missing there would have no affect on whether you connect or not. It would be better to get on the phone to ensure that you don't connect a power lead to the wrong terminal.

JESSE CORRIGAN (Unregistered Guest)
11-10-2004, 02:43 PM
I have a PR96 and when I try to go into sb workshop it states LINE 18 SHOP BOT.INI and then COMM BREAK AT SER-0 -1.