View Full Version : Second Z problem

thewoodcrafter
09-26-2006, 12:15 AM
After months of work making my Bot larger and install a second Z I am having problems that I hope you guys can help with.

All axis seem to work fine on the keyboard. I have cut several files. Today I found Y going negative with the up arrow (I read a previous post and noticed this) Changed 2 wires and it works correctly now. X work fine, Z works right, A works correctly with ALT.
After setting ZERO I ran m2 36, 36. It ran fine. I typed MH and the second Z (A) moves up and knowthing else works. I hit the stop button before the stepper jambing. I powered down and unplugged A. Tried again and A just wants to keep going, I stopped at 56". I have limits set to 6" for Z and A but this has no effect.

What am I missing? Help.

Brady Watson
09-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Roger,
What version of the control software are you using? If I remember correctly this was a glitch in earlier versions. You're setup otherwise is probably correct. When I had 2 Zs on my machine I avoided MH & JH for this very reason. I just did a J2 0,0 to get around it.

-Brady

thewoodcrafter
09-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Brady,
Thanks for the reply.
I have ver. 3.4.21. That is the latest I think.
I guess I will avoid MH like you said.

Brady Watson
09-26-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that the problem was fixed recently, so you might want to download v3.4.26 or whatever is the current version...Then you can use MH & JH.

-Brady