PDA

View Full Version : Help !!!!! 110 volt short from drill cord

hardak
05-22-2009, 11:40 AM
It's not the way I like to start out .... but the other day the drill I use to fasten my materials down to the table .The cord arced out on one of the x axis rails with leaving a welding pit in its place . The machine hasn't moved since the arc.Ive replaced the serial/usb adapter with rs232 model the usb works again but no connection to the control box is made is there anything special with the adapter that got fried.

Brady Watson
05-22-2009, 01:17 PM
What model machine is it?

-PR?
-PRT with control box that looks like a computer case with original 1/4 stepping drivers?
-PRT 4G or PRS Standard with Gecko drivers?
-PRT/PRS Alpha with 1:1 or 7.2:1 upgraded motors?

-B

hardak
05-22-2009, 02:04 PM
aluminuim case control box, v0.7 control board prs-a102607 001247 ,7.2 vextra motors vextra ADS-A drives inside. Yaskawa v74 x drives hsd 4hp spindle ,no accessories

khaos
05-22-2009, 03:02 PM
A little JBWeld in those rail knicks will patch them up nicely. You will want to fill & fair them so that the 'bump' doesn't transfer to each & every cut you make in that area of the table.
~Brady Watson <wink>

Brady Watson
05-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Joe - thanks for the reference to my remedy for damaged rails.

Darcy,
Call ShopBot Support on Tuesday. The PRS Alpha electronics are pretty tough and can take a good beating. They will be able to walk you thru the steps to diagnose the problem & get it working again.

-B

hardak
05-27-2009, 11:25 AM
talked to shopbot support: pulled the control board out inspected no burns returned back into the cabinet the serial/usb adapter fried got list of compatable connectors 3 adapters later I'm reconnected.(small town not a lot to choose from nexxtech usb1.1 worked ) It also messed up the all the settings on the Yaskawa drive reset the drive re installed settings .Aswell as reinstalling shopbot control software 3.5.3 and Partworks .the previous operator messed with the speed settings machine running more fluid with its motions.Noticed updates is it worth updating and which version am I looking for. Thx you for the help

Brady Watson
05-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Glad you are up & running again. Get the updates - you'll want the ones for PRS Alphas.

-B