PDA

View Full Version : Run time error 5

phil_o
02-22-2007, 11:48 AM
While running a file created in Vector Art 3D machinist the bot stopped and gave an error message "Run time error 5 - invalid procedure, call or agrument. After I clicked OK SB3 shutdown. I went into 3D Machinist and recalculated and resaved the file. Restarted and had to rezero everything. At the same point in the file, about 10 minutes (line 9057) I got the same error message.
I'm running SB3.4.30 on a 4g machine. What's going on?

rhfurniture
02-23-2007, 02:57 AM
What does line 9057 (plus the one before and after) in the file say?

phil_o
02-23-2007, 10:54 AM
They are all M3 commands. Each value X, Y and Z are slightly larger than the line previous and slightly smaller than the line that follows. Nothing appears to be other than it should be.

phil_o
02-24-2007, 09:27 AM
I contacted Shopbot support and sent the cut file to them. Their response was that my feed rate was too low. "Apparently the faster board is choking on the ramp speeds if your move speed is too low."
I created the cut file in Vector Art 3D Machinist. I went with the feed rates that the program set up "MS,0.8,0.3" Shopbot support suggested that I increase to MS,4,4 and even as high as 8,8. I assumed that Vector Art would set up the proper speed settings.
I am looking for some guidelines to help determine suitable feed rates. In another post Brady provided guidelines for V bit sizes according to letter sizes for VCarving letters. Does someone have similar guidelines for feed rates?