PDA

View Full Version : Proximity switches not working with latest software

brian
12-27-2007, 06:29 PM
I just install 3.5.5 yesterday and my proximity switches don't work.I never had this problem with the older version.
In Shopbot setup I ran the zeroing routine and the proxy switches worked.I then tried it manuelly and they didn't work.
Any suggestions?

Brian

blaz_in_az
12-27-2007, 06:35 PM
I posted a few weeks ago that my ShopBot does use the Prox Switches during routines such as X, Y Zeroing, but if you use arrow keys it will not stop at prox switches. I assume this is done to allow you to exceed stops if desired.

paco
12-27-2007, 06:53 PM
Brian,

review the settings under VN command to make sure they fit your hardware setup.

brian
12-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the VN settings so I assume it's meant ignore the proximity switches on manuel moves

Brian

paco
12-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Is VN first parameter (i[N]put switch modes) is ON?

Is SF (set [F]ile limit checking) is ON?

It is configurable to have the proximity switches to act as limit switch and the stop the tool is the switch is triggered. If it's what you want, it can be... we just need to figure what's with your setup and settings to make it work.

This is the way my tool work and I'm running 3.5.5

brian
12-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Paco
The input switch was on but the set File limit was off.
I turned the set file limit on and It now stops the gantry before it hits the proximity switches in manuel(K) mode.

Thanks Paco

neal_schwartz
01-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Brian,
With Set File Limit ON, the carriage will stop when VL (software limit setting) is reached. I don't think it has anything to do with the proximity switches. Mine is doing same, and I changed VL setting by an inch or so just to check it. In Manual Mode [K] it will run right past the proximity switches (till it smashes into hard stops).