PDA

View Full Version : ShopBot started doing a jerking motion when turning corners

handh
04-21-2007, 09:44 AM
The ol ShopBot has started jerking when it goes around a corner, everything else is as smooth as always. I have reinstalled the software, firmware, and even switch the usb connection to another port thinking something might be there. I have tried changing move and jog speeds but that doesn't help. It does it on all files that I have tried to run, even my surface file, it jerks bad enough on the jog in the surface file that it caused it to leave a mark in this area on the table a little deeper. My parts that I am cutting out are having a rounded effect when it does the corner. It does not slow down enough when it makes the corner and seems to me to be moving to fast at the corner causing the jerking. I've check the gears and they are all tight, I've checked the springs and they seem fine. It cuts curves fine, its just on 90 degree corners that it is doing this. It even does it on my cleanup file. Help! Any sugestions.

gwilson
04-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Change the "slow corner speed" down in the [vr]ramp values menu. If Mike Richards or Brady catch this they can be more help. They understand this better than I do. If I recall right turn it down to about 25. Like I said they can explain it better.
Gerald

handh
04-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Gerald,

That didn't do it but it got me in the right direction. I don't know why but the x y move in the VR ramp ralues menu was at 2 and the default is .4. I reset the value and everything is as smooth as silk. Why would this change. The last thing that I cut was a artcam file, the one that I made for the business card holder that I posted. Can a file change the values. Once again Thanks!!!

bjw
04-21-2007, 02:31 PM
"Can a file change the values."
OH Yeah!
That's why I TRY to remember to check all the values periodically, esecially after running a file generated by third party software. Some times the software has what is technically called a "Brain Fart". Especially if it is a big complicated file. Sometimes it will put things in the wrong place or changes things.
Sorry for rambling, but this is one of my pet peeves with automatic postprocessor software.

BJ