PDA

View Full Version : Patterns

rafael mercad
12-29-1999, 08:28 PM
if i make a pattern and i want this to run in the
secuense i want or the machin does.

if i draw a 10" line and i want to cut this 4 time in the same plase but in a .25 increse .
the only way to do this is by colors or is another way

sven
01-01-2000, 12:52 PM
I have found another way. When converting to .spb use 1 inch for z depth then on the screen when you run it adjust the z proportion to whatever depth you desire. You still have to run the program 4 times, but it's easier than colors or layers.

SaintJohnBosco@yahoo.com
01-02-2000, 01:39 PM
If you make a separate file and in that file assign the depths then rerun your parts file after changing for each pass. Do a search and replace for your depth on your original file and make the replacement a varible call it &zdown. Delete the &zup= assignment from the top of your file. Now add the &zup= and &zdown in your second file.
For example: File one "your original file called file1.sbp"
SA,
jz,&zup
j2 5,5
mz,&zdown
m2 5,10
m2 10,10
m2 10,5
m2 5,5
jz,&zup
end

Now your new second file would read something like this.

&zup=.5
&zdown=-.25
file1.sbp
&zdown=-.50
file1.sbp
&zdown=-.75
file1.spb
&zdown=-1.0
file1.sbp
end

when you go to cut you start file number 2 and it calls up all the repeats of file #1 and changes the depths for you automatically.

seaside@esva.net
01-02-2000, 02:46 PM
David,

Good idea. I try to use variables for anything that might need to be modified in the future, especially Z moves; it makes making changes a lot easier.

You could also use a loop in the second file to make the depth changes, something like this:

&zdown = -.25
again:
FP,file1.sbp
&zdown = &zdown-.25
IF &zdown > -1.24 THEN GOTO again
END

Bill
seaside@esva.net (mailto:seaside@esva.net)