PDA

View Full Version : Jumpy movements

radioflyer364
07-22-2008, 05:03 PM
I have recently been having trouble with my router having very jumpy movements. It is as if I am pushing it through too much material at once and the motor is jumping in the track. Which would be uncerstandable except it happens when I am not cutting as well. I do loose my zeros in all three axis when this happens. Any ideas, it has worked great for years and just kind went haywire

radioflyer364
07-22-2008, 05:31 PM
slight update, I notice a small pulse being sent to the motors while I was trying to reset the zero. It would do this pulse speratically even if I wern't touching the keyboard. If it pulsed while I was moving the motors would get jumpy and stuttery.

stevem
07-22-2008, 05:52 PM
This sounds like loose wiring or poor grounding.

radioflyer364
08-15-2008, 10:40 AM
ok so I have double checked all of my grounding and cant seem to find any loose wires, and all my grounding checks out. Could it be a problem with my control box? It just seems to be that my signal going to the table gets lost between the computer and the motors.

terryd
08-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Richard,

Check out your USB to Serial Adapter. The cable that connects your control box to the computer. Sometimes, as it happened to me, the adapter goes bad softly, meaning sporatic. Drove me nuts and I did all usual forum tips, grounds, wiring shorts, alien invasions, etc. For $20 I took the old one out and replaced it and the jerkiness and loss of steps went away. Makes sense if you think of it. If the control box doesnt get a steady uninterrupted stream of data from the computer then it doesnt know what to do yet the computer doesnt get feedback that the 'bot" is lost and keeps spitting out instruction.