PDA

View Full Version : Changing home point on PRT96

diannone
05-16-2002, 09:26 PM
I built a room just for our PRT96 and after moving it to the room, I need to change the end where 0,0 is. I know one way would be to remove entire X carriage and spin it around and replace it on guides. Does anyone know if there is an easier way in terms of wiring changes or software changes to accomplish the same result? I set the machine up, then built the room , then realized the best end for 0,0 would be opposite of where it was before. we can not spin the table around now....any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks , Dave

gordon@shopbottools.com
05-22-2002, 01:16 AM
The best way to rotate the coordinate system on a ShopBot PRT 180 degrees changing the origin to the opposite corner of the table is to change the wiring, unless you want to take the entire X-carriage off and rotate it. To change the wiring, first unplug the control box from the power. Then, unplug the X-1, X-2, and Y wires from the back of the control box. Next, using the Wago tool that came with your tool or a small screw driver, remove the Green and Black wires, switch them, and re-insert them on each of the 3 cables. Its a good idea to write down the order of the wire colors before starting this step to have a reference to check when you're finished. Looking at the X cables before switching them you'll notice that the Green and Black are opposite on each, this is so that one of the motors runs backwards from the other and makes the carriage run properly on the tool instead of racking. Make sure that after switching the wires these cables are still different in regards to the Green and Black wires, if they're the same you'll rack you X for sure and at the least throw it out of square. Finally, reconnect the motor cables to the correct connections in the control box and reconnect the power. You should have a PRT that runs the opposite direction in both X & Y from what it had previously.