PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Finish Pass

joe_manor
01-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I am getting erratic patterns in my parts when running a finish toolpath. I can run a part and get a problem in one area and then run the same toolpath slightly deeper and get other problems in other areas. The parts are never the same but always messed up.
When I originally surfaced my table it came out beautiful. I have opened up the files in Rhino and looked at them and they are perfect looking. Today I unhooked my 3phase power cable for my spindle and held it completely away from everything else while running the toolpath and still have the same problem. I also have tried cutting without my dust collector running. Could it be my usb cable? It seems like the problems coming from my Z axis. X and Y resolution is great. Could it be my Driver for the Z motor? I will try to post a file just incase someone wants to cut it and see if it works on thier machine. Any feedback would help. Thanks

Joe

the file was too large but I could email it.

fleinbach
01-03-2008, 06:50 AM
Joe

Have you checked your pinion gear to make sure it is tight on the shaft. A loose pinion will give symptoms that can be erratic. With the motor energized try pushing first in on direction then the other. You should not detect any movement in either direction.

ted
01-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Hi Joe,

From the sound of it, I doubt that it is related to a driver or even electrical interference. Not that these things can't sometimes be a problem, but they tend to be more disruptive and obvious.

Usually, when something has been working well and then a problem develops, we can get to the bottom of it pretty quickly. Maybe if you could email us a picture that shows the kind of thing you are seeing we may have some useful thoughts. Or, perhaps a call where we can pick your brain for a little more detail. (Just email or call support at ShopBot.)

Ted Hall, ShopBot