PDA

View Full Version : SB locks up at end of cut file

phil_o
12-26-2006, 02:27 PM
I just ran a cut file for an inside border on a door panel. I ran this file four times and at the end of each cut the Shopbot returned to 0,0 and then the program locked up. The file was stuck on the last line J2,0.000000,0.000000 and would not continue. Pushing the stop button didn't do anything. Pressing the ESC button didn't do anything. I was able to exit the program using the mouse File - Exit.
When I restarted the program my X,Y and Z zeros were lost. I had to rezero each of them. I had to do this at the end of each file.
During the execution of the cut file the lmit switch was activated but I was able to resume the cut. Could that have anything to do with the problem?
What could be going on here?

richards
12-26-2006, 05:21 PM
I think that you've misunderstood the difference between limits and the 0,0 point. It might be a good idea to go to the main Shopbot web site (www.shopbottols.com (http://www.shopbottols.com)) and then click on Bill's Corner. His Table Base Coordinates - October 2004 makes everything clear.

phil_o
12-27-2006, 09:15 AM
I read the article on Table base coordinates and I agree that it should help to keep from going beyond the limits. I realize that I should avoid hitting the limit switches and 99% of the time I don't hit them but I don't see why SB locks up after completing the cut file.

paco
12-27-2006, 09:49 AM
"Reseting" the shopbot.ini file would be my first try; copy the file on the desktop (from the shopbot folder) and delete the original then restart SB3 to create another new one. Your previous settings (if any change was made) can be checked from the copy on the desktop. You can save your current configuration with US command too but I'm not 100% sure it'll be 100% error proof compared to "reseting" the INI file.
This file sometime get corrupted and may just show up what setting could be wrong.

The symptom you are experiencing is not normal even if you it a switch. If you can duplicate the problem with a new INI file with the default setting, get in touch with SB support with the details.

Make sure you're using the right SB3 for your tool...

myxpykalix
12-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Phil..I can't help you with your problem but you mention you're cutting an inside border on a door panel. I'm trying to create some wainscoting that is basically a door panel on its side, and wondered if you had any pictures of what you're doing as i'm having trouble creating a inside corner of the raised panel on my design. I've spent more time designing and trashing my files than if i just cut it and put it together on a conventional router table. I was hoping to design mine out of a single piece of mdf. What are you making your door panels out of? Do you have any pics? thanks