PDA

View Full Version : Can't get the drivers to reset after digging into a board.

brian_h
09-22-2007, 02:20 PM
PRTalpha, Colombo 3hp. spindle:

I had a bit slip in the collet and it dug into a board I was cutting. I hit the space bar to stop the 'bot but now I can't get it to reset the drivers. I've tried everything. Turning off, cutting all power, then starting everything from scratch. The blinking driver error light comes on (#4), I reset and in two seconds it comes on again. Reset... light comes on after two seconds, again and again. Per my Google search I found the possibility of sticky relays. Of course this is happening on a (busy)Saturday and I can't call Shopbot. I don't even know where the relays are in the control box. I double checked the emergency stop and even unplugged the keyboard, just in case the space bar was sticking. The 'bot had only been cutting for about 10 minutes and wasn't very warm when I opened the control box. I understand others have experienced simular situations. Does anyone have a quick fix for this?

Gary Campbell
09-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Brian..
Try rebooting the computer and the control box. Try calling ShopBot if that doesnt work, there is usually someone on for tech support.
Gary

brian_h
09-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Gary,

I did that a couple of times. I suspected control box tempeture could be a factor, so I shut everything off for an hour. I just tried everything again and it's working. Thanks for replying.