PDA

View Full Version : Adding Pendant

harryball
05-08-2009, 02:10 PM
I added a 12 button USB pendant made by PI Engineering. Their Industrial pendant. It's a discontinued product but you can still pick them up here or there. The pendant is a full metal case and the keypad can be custom printed. All programming is done on the PC and it works great with my bot. At the head of the table I hold it like this...

I can move the X, Y or Z and I can zero Z, the XY etc... The K just enters keyboard mode. With only 12 keys only the most useful functions were added.

When I move to the side of the table I hold the pendant like this...

In this orientation I don't get the X or Y confused.

Programming is an easy macro in the Xkey software. It's simple and works well. I've not had the program interfere with the Control Software at all.

I installed a powered USB hub inside the control box and run one cable over to the PC. The Pendant, Control Box and Spindle Speed control come out of this single hub. I was concerned this may be a problem but I've been running it for months without an issue.

Well, that about does it for this installment of Bat Bot Mods.

/RB

dubliner
05-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Hey Rob, I like that, very neat & tidy. I was trying to figure out how to place an up/down button on the Z so you could change a bit without going back to the keyboard. I like it!

carlosgmarroquin
05-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Cool little toy for the big toy.

Dear Santa...

blackhawk
05-08-2009, 03:01 PM
I have been using a Logitech wireless RumblePad for a few months now as a remote control for my Shopbot. It has been working great and no wires to mess with. Here is the thread about using it.

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/33572/36721.html

harryball
05-08-2009, 03:52 PM
With all the tools running I am just more comfortable with a wired connection. Paranoid maybe... but still more comfortable.

/RB

dcruze
02-09-2014, 08:29 AM
looks good, do you have a model number so I can search for it.