PDA

View Full Version : Suppress warning messages (VA,ZT,ST)

jer (Unregistered Guest)
04-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Is there a way to suppress the coordinate system change warnings? When I do a VA command or ZT, etc?

Also when I do a VA in the preview, it wipes out the previously draw commands. How can I keep this?

jer (Unregistered Guest)
04-16-2005, 05:07 PM
No answers?

I want to basically re-zero on my table at multiple points using only one file (not use FP with an offset). It think it will work fine in cut mode, but I need to preview it first, and when I re-zero in preview mode, it wipes out the previous drawings. There has got to be a way to do this.

Any suggestions or ideas?

paco
04-16-2005, 06:26 PM
Hi Jer!

I noticed too... but I did'nt have serious need as you seem to do... have you addressed your "problem" to support? I believe that if there is a solution or a work around they'll tell you about it... or your point could be a futur fix/addition to SB3...

Maybe you could tell us more about your project so we (forum users) could suggest some ideas...

Brady Watson
04-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Until we figure out an answer to your question, you can 'air-cut' and test your file with the tool. Simply Zero the Z-axis above the spoilboard about 1.5" with router off and run the file to test...

-Brady

propellers
04-16-2005, 11:40 PM
Not exactly sure if I understand correctly but I rezero different points on my table by move/jog to that point then adding a ZZ, ZX, ZY, Z2 etc. to the program. Then at the end of the file I insert a C3 command and this will zero to the prox. SW then I have in the program to move to a determined point then use the Zx command for the new zero. I also do a c2 command in the program move Z to the required height then a ZZ in the program and it works perfect every time.

jer
04-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Well there are a bunch of things I have wanted to change/add with the current preview, so after this problem I decided to write my own. I am still a little nervous since my preview could have bugs/problems, so the first few tests, I will also follow Brady's advice and do an air-cut as well. I am attaching a screen shot (hopefully) of my previewer which displays the code below. If you run this in shopbot's previewer, it will constantly popup warnings, and it overwrites the drawing each time.

Here is the preview and what I hope the shopbot will cut for my example of re-zeroing multiple times in one file:

Here is the code:

JH
VA,0,0

Brady Watson
04-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Jason,
Just out of curiosity, why are you doing it this way? It would be much quicker and efficient to just zero off of a known location, like logical 0,0 and run a part file that contains your profiles in it.

A single PartWizard or other toolpath creating package could easily profile all of them at once...

Am I missing something here?

-Brady

jer
04-20-2005, 10:19 AM
The code above was just an example to demonstrate what I want to accomplish and see in the shopbot previewer. Maybe I could do it differently but here is the reason. I have another program I have written that basically breaks the table up into stations. In this program I have all of my part files stored in a database, so I go through each station I want to use, select the part file I want to cut on that station, along with certain options/differences I want selected. This program will then look through all of the code for each part on each station and dynamically create one part file that will run through and cut all of the parts in the most efficient matter (as far as bit changes, clamping, and flipping work pieces over). Since all of my part files are based off of 0,0 and I am using this station method, I need to rezero at each station.

Here is a more realistic example: I use stations 1-4, stations 1,2 and 3 need a keyhole bit, stations 1 and 3 need a .5 inch endmill, then stations 1-3 need the material flipped, then stations 1 and 2 need a 90 deg v-bit and stations 3 and 4 need a 60 deg v-bit. In the program I just select the 4 stations, link the 4 parts I want cut, and the output file will have all of the code for bit changes, zeroing the z, pausing for changing clamps or flipping material, turning the router of and on, etc.

Brady Watson
04-20-2005, 11:01 AM
OK...Well if I were doing it, as romantic as the dynamic database idea is, I would be sure that I did a lot of testing!!! I have used the database 'recipe' idea for quite a while now, but not to run the tool. I still prefer to align things via CAD/CAM and be sure that it is going to cut the way that it should.

If you are going to pull from the database, then what provisions will you have for material holding?

-Brady

jer
04-20-2005, 11:41 AM
I agree with the testing issue (which is why I started this thread), but since I am basically taking pieces of code that have been run on the machine before (just at the tables 0,0) and now just offsetting them, things should work out ok I think.

I am not sure what you meant as far as "material holding"? I only use clamps right now, and since I know what part is being cut at what station, it shouldn't be an issue (unless I clamp the wrong piece at the wrong station - then that could get ugly). This is actually something I am adding to the previewer shown in the screen shot above, I am adding code for clamp placement that my previewer will recognize and display and it will also implement collision detection. Since it still needs to run on the shopbot it needs to be commented, so I will have something like:

'PCP,20,20,0,6.75,1,1.75

PCP = P-review C-lamp P-lacement
First 3 params are the clamp location (x,y,z)
Second 3 params are clamp dimensions in x,y,z

Since there is no way I want to (or probably could) put in the actual clamp outline, the collision detection is based on a bounding box for the tool and the clamp. I know something like this in the previewer would have saved me 2 clamps and a bit so far.

Brady Watson
04-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Jason,
Here's a thought...Why not just create your own variable that stores the location of each station's 0,0 position in relation to the spoilboard's 0,0? This way you could just move to &Station3_zero, do a Z2, FP,Part3 and then using the &Station3_zero as a reference, go to your other locations? If you know that variable is 24,24 from logical (spoilboard corner etc) 0,0 then you could simply calculate where you are programatically and move to the next station.

In regards to clamps, why not just drill holes before running the parts and sink screws? If the parts are dynamic, then vacuum clamping doesn't make sense...but would be ideal if you are going to use this setup to make $...meaning that you KNOW what parts your are cutting out for sure at each station.

-Brady

jer
04-20-2005, 02:35 PM
I tried the Z2 first, it does the same thing - pops up a warning and clears the drawing in preview. FP would work with an offset, but again I cannot call seperate files because I am dynamically piecing code together. I could keep my offset variable and adjust all of the commands in my new file by that, but I would rather not do that because then all of my command coordinates are off and tracking down a problem would turn into a mess.