PDA

View Full Version : How long to re-set drivers?

stargategfx
02-14-2006, 12:56 AM
We had an incident today with our Shopbot Alpha when the USB connection was knocked loose during a project.
The onscreen message comes up that we have triggered a limit switch on input #4, or that the enmergency stop button was pushed; no problem, I'll just shut everything down, re-connect the USB and then re-set the drivers.
No luck, we tried everything for about twenty minutes, shutting down, re-booting, re-setting etc. Finally after trying the re-boot thing for the umpteenth time, we're back on line.
Before you suggest the obvious, besides me we have an on staff electrical enginner, a computer programmer and two other cnc operators with years of experience and the only way we got up and running again was shear dumb luck.
Any suggestions to get us up and running again faster if and when we should have another situation like this?

kerrazy
02-14-2006, 05:26 AM
Boyd,
Give Frank @ ShopBot a call, You should be able to reset either an .INI file or a Config file, that would basically reset the software memory.

I have done this in the past under frank's guidance and it worked like a charm. Please speak to Frank first so it performed correctly.
Dale

stargategfx
02-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Thanks Dale, normally thats what I would have done but this happened after hours.