PDA

View Full Version : USB Drivers

jamess
08-15-2009, 08:19 PM
A tree behind my shop was hit by lighting taking out my comupter for the bot, had it rebuilt and reinstalled the software but it will not find the drivers for the USB to talk to the bot. Any one know what I might be able to try? Thanks James

myxpykalix
08-15-2009, 08:27 PM
plug your thumbdrive in and go to
start/control panel/add hardware

or start/control panel/system/device manager then go down the list till you see usb devices right click and go to "scan for hardware changes"

marc
08-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Depending on your bot, you may need to apply one of the following drivers;
http://www.shopbottools.com/drivers.htm
Which operating system are you using? Will it read other USB devices?
Marc.

jamess
08-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks Jack I can get that far just can't locate the drivers on the cd or on the computer after the prgram was loaded. I looked on the Shopbot site Marc it said "USB Drivers for current PRS ShopBots, PRTalpha, and Version4g Control Boards are included in the current Control System Software Installation" So I guess my question is how can I find the divers in the software...

jamess
08-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Opps Marc forgot to tell you the operating system, my cd is v3.2 but i have down loaded 3.6, yes it will read other USB devices, with plug in play when I plug in the USB cable from the bot it ask for the locate for the drivers just can't seem to locate them.

marc
08-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Unfortunately, I'm a few days away from being home, but your problem is easily solved. The correct USB drivers should be available from the link which I provided you. Someone online may be able to guide you quicker if you tell us which bot your have (PRS, PRT, PRTALPHA), and if you are using XP, ME, Vista, or ...
Wish I was home, it'd be quicker!

jamess
08-15-2009, 10:12 PM
PRS, using XP, I will try the site again thanks

marc
08-16-2009, 12:14 AM
This might do it. Does it look familiar?

http://www.iogear.com/support/dm/driver/GUC232A#display

Worth a try.

srwtlc
08-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Look here...C:\Program Files\ShopBot\ShopBot 3\Drivers

jamess
08-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks Scott I forgot to look on C drive, I was looking on the cd for the drivers that did it back online....And thanks to Marc & Jack for your help also....