PDA

View Full Version : Estop requests

afc
06-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey guys,

I want to cut off my inputs when I throw the estop, spacebar or enter key. My outputs arent wired through the same relay as the spindle would be so it doesnt do that automatically. I know there should be a way to do this. I have tried writing-

ON INP(4,1) GOTO SETOUTPUTOFF

SETOUTPUTOFF:
SO 5,0
SO 6,0
SO 7,0

I've also tried-

ON INP(4,1) GOSUB SETOUTPUTOFF

SETOUTPUTOFF:
SO 5,0
SO 6,0
SO 7,0

RETURN

...and this doesnt work. How should I go about revising my code? Turning the outputs off is a safety issue so its pretty important I guess.

srwtlc
06-28-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm a little confused here (it's late and I'm tired ;-), but you say you want to cut off your inputs and your stating outputs 5, 6, and 7.

Never-the-less, once you issue an Estop, spacebar, enter, or S, all file execution halts, so nothing in a file is acted upon. I believe that only an Estop will trip input 4 and once that's tripped, nothing can be executed or no input will work until the control is reset.

Maybe a bit more information as to what you want to do will help and I'm sure there's a way, just another approach.

ed_lang
06-28-2008, 07:34 AM
Thinking out loud here.

Given you want to open all outputs, 5,6 and 7 when the E-stop button is hit. And with what Scott added, about the E-stop only turning off output 4, then how about running a relay, or bank of them from output 4 and then having other relays in series connected to outputs 5, 6 and 7. Then when the e-stop is pushed, it will kill one master bank of relays in series and everything will stop.

I would use a small relay(s) connected to output 4 that would be in series with the coil of the other power switching relays. Only the relay connected to the load needs to be a larger one for the current needed.

I hope I am clear here.

Looking forward to others ideas.

This of course could be build with and gates to drive the output relay. output 4 AND output 5 needed to cause the relay to close for output 5 etc...

afc
07-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks for your help but I dont think I'm quite understand what you mean Ed. What I want is, when the estop is pressed, I want outputs 5, 6, and 7 to close because they are connected to my tools and if the estop is pressed, I want those to turn off as well.

Gary Campbell
07-07-2008, 10:03 PM
AFC...
If you are using outputs 5,6 & 7 to control other devices you must be using relays. Connect the power supply to the relays that controls those devices to the contactor for the spindle. A small amperage additional load should not affect your spindle operation.
Gary

afc
07-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I hate to sound so naive but where exactly is the connector for the spindle? I have a PRT alpha and I found where the two jumpers are for the spindle or routers but thats all that I could find from looking at the board itself.

Gary Campbell
07-09-2008, 06:30 PM
AFC..
I have a ttl output board on my PRSa that send the outputs out to relays that switch other devices. I hooked the power supply to that board to the switched side of the contactor that powers the Spindle.

Follow the power wire from the spindle back inside the control box. That power wire will terminate into the contactor. Since there are many power configurations supplied by ShopBot, you may want to have an electrician verify voltage and phase options to make sure that nothing gets fried.
Gary