View Full Version : Problem with high speed moves

paul_z
06-08-2006, 04:22 PM
I was wondering if any others have had this problem. When I move at 9.7 to 10 inches per sec I get a really jerky move. This happens with both the X and Y axis and only at the very top end of the move speed. It happens whether the move is made interactively with the mouse or by a single command. Jog is fine all the way up to 30 inches per sec. I'm running the latest control software for the alpha (3.4.25) on a PRT Alpha 96 machine.

Anyone else see this???

Thanks,

Paul Z

paco
06-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Let us know about your control PC; details...

Have you looked to optimize it a maximum?

I do am limit to some 11"/sec. with my PC. Moves only, Jogs are OK up to the max (30"/sec.). Above that it get jerky too. Some poeple can go up to the max limit of 12"/sec. Can you jog at more than 10"/sec. (more) without problem?

This is all about the control PC... and maybe about the serial converter too... unless something wrong with your mechanics.

elcruisr
06-09-2006, 11:15 AM
This sounds like a communication speed problem I once had. Get hold of tech support at Shopbot and they will help you check comm speed setup and if neccesary help you out with settings. The setup is supposed to be automatic but programs running in the background (that you may not even know about) can be eating up proccessor capacity or messing up comm speeds as well. Mine turned out to be a bad cable in the end!

Eric