PDA

View Full Version : Feedrate Cap

shelley
07-26-2006, 03:58 PM
We have been running files which we have programmed into our code to run with a feedrate of 200mm/sec but when we run the program the feerate won't go any higher than 100mm/sec. I have gone into 'Speed Values' and manually put in a feedrate on X and Y of 200mm/sec but this makes no difference it still runs with a feedrate of 100mm/sec. It's as if there is a feedrate cap programmed in somewhere that I don't know about. So not sure where I have gone wrong any help would be appreciated

dmidkiff
07-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Shelley,

Not sure if this is what you need but, try looking in the tool library. The feed rate is editable in there. Hope this helps. I am talking about PartsWizard.

Dave

shelley
07-27-2006, 02:01 AM
Unfortunately I'm not using parts wizard to write my files, instead we are writing files out of Artcam. I have set the feedrate within Artcam to 200mm/sec in the toolpath section of Artcam while I'm programming. When I open up these files in Shopbot it disregards the feedrate of 200mm/sec and will only run as fast as 100mm/sec

bcammack
07-27-2006, 07:57 AM
If I understand correctly, the speed at which you can slew the carriage is controlled by the model of ShopBot you have (the PRTAlpha is fastest), the speed of the serial communication link (there's a higher-performance serial/USB adapter recommended by ShopBot), and the speed of the PC controlling the ShopBot.

This, of course, is based on the assumption that you've examined the output files from ArtCAM and confirmed that the feedrate commands are, in fact, the same as what you set within ArtCAM.

gcoding
07-27-2006, 07:59 AM
Look in your actual cutting file for the MS command. I to don't use partwizard to write my files. So when the file is converted the speeds get all screwed up. I normally go in and remove all the program speeds using edit. Then you just enter the speeds at the console before you run the program..

Hope this helps....