PDA

View Full Version : Sticky relays

jeff_rowley
10-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the 4 main relays inside the control box sticking open/closed? 3 of mine have been having problems. Most frequent issues are one that sticks closed and causes the system not to power up and/or think the e-stop is tripped. The other sticks open and the router won't turn on. I need to just replace them or tear them out and try to clean them (although I don't know how they would get dirty in a sealed box), but was wondering if anyone else was having issues.

rcnewcomb
10-24-2006, 05:09 PM
We replaced ours. They were covered under warranty for us because it was within a year of purchase. It was a pretty simple replacement and Grant at Shopbot was great to work with.

steve4460
10-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Someone here mentioned something about the mounting screws to the box being to tight and cousing the realy case to deforme . So try losening the screws to the case , but make shure the power is disconnected first. If all else fails call shopbot.

Bot on

davidp
10-24-2006, 07:37 PM
We had the same problem with our PPRTAlpha. We eventually pulled the entire control box apart and installed a massive heat sink inside the box and fans and fins outside of the box. This reduced our operating temp to around 10 degrees C above ambient temperature.

We have not had a failure since.