PDA

View Full Version : Porter cable Problem??

canoechris
09-10-2009, 09:47 PM
The Porter Cable Will stop when he Columbo is started. I checked the Voltage at the cord and the contacters it all was 120V. Stop the Columbo the Porter Cable Will Start back up When the Columbo has completed the ramp down.Now the fun part I can plug in a shop router or sander and everything works fine.Or I can plug the Porter cable into a dedicated drop cord and it works fine.It just seems to act up when the Columbo is running. I can flip the switch a few times to get it to come on while the columbo is running but it starts up normaly when the columbo is off.I suspect something going on with the switch or brushes but it just very strange issue.

robtown
09-11-2009, 07:08 AM
At my old shop, I had a similar problem with my TIG welder. I ciouldn't weld and run the router at the same time. It wasn't the router as this occured with all 3 routers I used during the time I was there. The puzzling part was that shop was wired out the yingyang with 3 phase throughout and all...

I surmised that the electronics in the PC must be sensitive to certain voltage situations.

jerry_stanek
09-11-2009, 09:03 AM
When my spindle is running if I get close to it like less than a foot away my wrist watch will lose time.